1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello Everyone!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Drago2012, Nov 23, 2013.

1. Drago2012

Hi all,
    I've been looking for a place like this for quite a while, so I can have people to talk to that are going through similar stuff as me. :slight_smile:
    I recently came out to all my family (but my grandparents, they're too old) and all my friends, and I tell ya, I've never felt happier and more relaxed that I can be myself around everyone without getting weird looks. I suppose it took me a while (Im 28 soon to be 29), and my ex of three years helped me a lot. Her and I were to get married, which would have been the mistake of my life, but luckily it didn't happen and we're still great friends.
    I had previous attempts before, but all prove unsuccessful, specially since I was in a committed relationship with a girl.
    At some point in my life I event felt that I was meant to be a woman, I felt that it was the only way to be with the type of guys I wanted, I'm mostly attracted to straight guys, so it was the only solution I saw. Thankfully I never went though that either (though I did spend a lot of money on therapists), and since I came out, I haven't had any feelings of being a girl yet.
    Actually, I love myself now, I've dropped 30lbs in the last 2 months and began exercising.
    I do still find women attractive, but I have no sexual feelings towards them. Life is really a lot better since having come out. Thankfully all my friends and family still love me and support me, but my mom was the only one who wouldn't accept it. I'm positive that she still thinks that I have a disease and that by praying to God, I'll eventually be cured. So you can already imagine what I went through with her. What made it easier, i think, its that I've been on my own for quite a while and in a different town than her. Eventually she came through, but I still have my doubts. She never did apologize for the horrible things she told me, but she offered to help me pay for some college bills I have, so I suppose I should take that as an apology and leave it like that.

Well, I hope I haven't bored y'all (I could possibly write a lot more lol) and I really hope I can make some good friends here.

^_^

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello! It's great you came out and avoided getting married with a woman. It sounds like you've gotten over a lot of hurdle, so congratulations!

3. lukeluvznicki13

Welcome to EC! :grin: :smilewave (*hug*)

4. Drago2012

yes, that would have been a bad, bad, mistake. I shared a good romantic relationship with her, but the sex part. I just never looked forward to it anymore, "a thing" was missing lol
    And thanks for the welcoming! :icon_wink

5. toushirojaylee

Hi and welcome to EC!