1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello! New girl from Sweden looking for friends

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by sandshoes, Nov 26, 2013.

1. sandshoes

Hi everyone! So I'm new, came here because I started to realize that I am probably a lesbian, or at least bisexual. I kinda want to meet friends in this community to talk to since I don't really have anyone to talk to irl about these kind of things.

I am a little confused at the moment because I've got a boyfriend that I've been with for almost two years (started a thread about this under friends/family/relationship support page) and I don't really know what to do.

So yeah, hello. Feel free to say hi if you want to talk!

2. Luceicandothis

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi! I'm new too :slight_smile: Im from Australia & going through the same thing as you & I too do not have anyone to talk to :frowning2: It would be really nice to talk with someone going through the same thing or something similar.

3. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I wouldn't want to be your boyfriend.

Welcome to EC.

4. sandshoes

Hello luceicandothis! Let's talk about it then? :slight_smile:

Atheistworld: I do love him and care so much about him but I don't think it could work out. I only really get turned on by girls.. This is just a f-ing mess.

5. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    That's why I feel bad for him. I knew your relationship was shaky even before you announced that it was.

Obviously, you're blameless as you didn't know your orientation at the time you began dating the guy, but it sucks for both of you, especially him. Not only does it hurt to get dumped, but if you leave him for a girl it may lead him to think he was a bad boyfriend that converted you to lesbianism or something.

This is why I would let any potential newcomer in my life know upfront that I'm Bigender, because that's a lot of baggage to reveal later on in a relationship.

You're in a sticky situation, but you seem to be handling it with aplomb and integrity.

6. sandshoes

Well, I've been considering myself bisexual for a couple of years and he knows that. So that's a relief. The worst part about it that he has a really hard time letting people/things go, and he is so afraid of people leaving him. He always tries super hard at being extra romantic when he is afraid of losing me, which naturally makes me feel even more shit about the situation.

I just feel like I would be letting everyone (him, his family, our group of common friends etc) down by breaking up with such a nice, funny and good guy when our relationship has been very good (except for this).

We live together, do most things together and are really good friends.

7. Luceicandothis

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sandshoes: Well it does sounds like your in a bit of a situation :frowning2: Does he have any idea about what your feeling/going through?? Anything specific you want to chat about to start a convocation? :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 26th Nov 2013 at 07:29 PM ----------

Sandshoes: I know what you mean by saying that you feel that you might be letting him, his family, and friends down but your happiness is important too :slight_smile: I'm finding myself becoming more and more attracted to women than men, I'm so confused by all of it, I mean I accept it but I guess actually being with a women and fantasying about may be completely different! I know exactly how your feeling about letting someone down, hurting them, for me it's not my boyfriend because I am single but it's worse.... my parents! :O

8. fortheloveoflez

Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jag gillar Sverige! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: That's the extent of my Swedish...maybe I know a couple more verbs and nouns :slight_smile:

That's tough. I had a boyfriend for 8 months and I had to break up with him because in the end I realized that I'm a lesbian :\ Some times making it drag out longer than it should can be more painful for the both of you. I wish you all the best!

9. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, if you don't truly want to be with him anymore, then the best thing to do is end the relationship, start exploring women, and come out because you can't keep a relationship going without sexual compatibility. I know society downplays the importance of sexual compatibility, but take it from me: it's one of the most important aspects in determining whether a relationship will work or not, and needless to say this one is doomed. Were all adults here, and you really shouldn't mislead him anymore, as these games are for kids, not adults.

I must emphasize how bad I feel for the guy. Everyone is so unromantic these days, but he is and I hope he doesn't let this bad experience rob him of it. Mostly, I prefer women, but men like him have a striking quality that's fascinating to me.

2 years is a long time to be involved with someone though, and while it's certain you're over it he isn't. He knows you're relationship is in a precarious state, and he's bound to know it's just a matter of time before you sever it, and the best thing to do now is end it.

10. Luceicandothis

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sandshoes: just letting you know that I have to post 10 times before I can reply to your message on my wall, which is annoying...I'm not ignoring you, just have to post 10 stupid posts :/

11. lovely lesbian

12. sandshoes

Yes and thank you for your replies. I will talk to him soon. I might write an update here later on how it went, if anyone is interested.

---------- Post added 26th Nov 2013 at 05:18 AM ----------

Yeah, no worries luceicandothis :slight_smile:

Hello lovely lesbian!

13. English Frenchman

Hej!

Unfortunately, I’ve never been to Sweden, yet. However, I’ve got an open invitation to go, so that’s soon going to be remedied. However, I digress. (On a side note, I love Bron, the show)

Welcome to the website!

14. Myhipsdolie

Welcome! If you need to talk, send a message my way if you like!
    I hope you find what you're looking for here!

15. CreativeBiscuit

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hai girl and welcome :slight_smile:

16. Luceicandothis

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people

17. loriam

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi! I'm not sure how to characterize my sexuality, either. I'm attracted
    To people of all genders, including transgendereds. I don't know the
    Right terms & stuff, I'm kind of scared of the realization, even though I
    Have known for years.

But hey! You sound nice. I like this site. Hope we will be friends.

18. toushirojaylee

Hi and welcome to EC!

19. sandshoes

Hello everyone! Thanks for the warm welcome. This seems to be a good site!

20. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Did you break the news to him yet?