1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by miller, Nov 28, 2013.

1. miller

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi,

My name's Miller and I live in north Phoenix, Arizona. Although I do intend to move to a milder climate, I have to admit I don't envy the weather most of the rest of the States has been enduring the last few days. November 28th, and the high is 70 F!

I came out about two years ago. Some friends were surprised, some friends said "Duh!", and my family didn't take it well, as I expected. Long story short, I haven't talked to any blood relatives in a very long time. I know 21 isn't a ripe-old age, but I did want to come here to maybe offer a couple of words of advice to anybody who ends up in my situation, not because I'm experienced or overly knowledgeable, but simply because, even with the Internet, it can be really easy to feel like you're all alone.

I think that a generation from now, coming out to family and friends won't be at all what it is today -- and it won't be any more a part of your "identity" than your height or hair color. But right now, being different in certain ways can be scary and isolating. I would like to have the chance to participate in a community a little bit and do what I can to ease the process for people who have it rough.

2. frostedflakes

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Miller,
    I welcome you to EC, and I am really sorry to hear about the situation with you and your family. It will all work itself out, don't worry.

3. Xochipilli

Hi miller!
    I'm sorry about the reaction your family had to your coming out, but I almost let out a joyous squeal when I read how well you're doing for yourself.
    Welcome to EC!

4. lukeluvznicki13

Welcome to EC! :grin: :smilewave (*hug*)

5. lovely lesbian

6. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  7. Clown

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome! I can understand and relate to the age part.
    And I really respect that aspect of reaching out to support and for support, if you ever may need it.
    I'm sorry that your family wasn't as supportive as some can be, but you need to be yourself and maybe one day they'll accept it. But you're among friends here, of course.
    I hope to see you around. :slight_smile:

8. toushirojaylee

Hi and welcome to EC!