1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seeking

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by misfit63, Nov 30, 2013.

1. misfit63

misfit63 Guest

Desperate, I have become a member of this site seeking help. I need to tell my life's story because at sixty three it is destroying me. Every day is a challenge and every day I sink lower and lower toward losing the fight. I am hoping there are others who can understand and relate to my life and what I am dealing with. If such a person exists?! What do I do and where do I go without seeking counseling in the area I live in? Do not wish to do that and really cannot afford if I did. Yes I have thoughts of terminating my life, but have no concerns, I have not the guts to attempt killing myself, at least no at this point.

misfit

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Welcome to Empty Closets! I'm glad you have decided to join. (*hug*)

Even though things are weighing on you at the moment, it will get better for you. You have acknowledged that you need help and are seeking it, which is already an important step in itself. I would encourage you to post and expand on your story in the LGBT Later in Life section of the forum, and try to speak with other members.

Have you tried looking into support groups in your area that would allow you to connect with others? Is there a reason as to why you would not want to seek counselling (beyond monetary issues)?

3. gayphdstudent

Hello and welcome...i am sorry to hear that you are feeling down. Please dont feel alone, i am sure you will meet others here who can relate to what you are going through. We are all unique and special but we all deserve to find joy in our lives. I feel down sometimes and i find it helps to focus on enjoying small blessings and over time realising more and more all that i have to be grateful for, inluding opportunities to chat to other people in places liike this. Hugs

4. lovely lesbian

5. lukeluvznicki13

Welcome to EC! :grin: :smilewave (*hug*)

6. Myhipsdolie

Welcome!
    There is a huge variety of beautiful people on this site and it's a guarantee that there are people out there that you can talk to, everyone here if lovely and I hope you find what you're looking for
    You've taken a step forward by coming here and nothing is ever done to late!

7. toushirojaylee

Hi and welcome to EC!

8. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest