1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm not too young to feel this way

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by AJAY, Dec 2, 2013.

1. AJAY

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi
    _________

I am only 13 but i know that i am a lesbian or bi-sexual, i have been like this my whole life, my first girl-crush was 4 years ago and i only just told people this year and by people i mean a few close friends. I am thinking about coming out to my parents soon but i know that as soon as i tell my parents my whole family will know and all my grandparents, great-aunts and great-uncles are very catholic and my nanna (grandmother) is against the LGBTQ community so i have no idea what to do. Last year i told myself to give it another year to know for sure and i said that again this year. All suggestions welcome. Thank you

2. lovely lesbian

Hello! If you can't speak to your parents can you speak to a close friend maybe? That you can trust?

#2 lovely lesbian, Dec 2, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  3. AJAY

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have a close friend who is bi and we help each other, we have been friends for years and she has been very helpful but because she is my age and still going through the 'coming out' stage there is only so much she can help with so i found this site and figured it would help.

4. lovely lesbian

Well I'm glad you have someone you can talk to and you have come to the right place for support.

5. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

6. toushirojaylee

Hi and welcome to EC!

7. savannah99

Your title is right, there is no age limit on sexuality. A lot of people seem to believe that there is, but you can't deny your natural feelings and inclinations. There is nothing wrong with how you feel.

Making the decision on who to talk to about this can be tough. My best advice would be to first tell the people you are closest to, who you trust the most and who are least likely to judge you for it. You said you have a close friend who you have been relating to on this, and that's great. Maybe the next person you tell could be a different close friend. And from there, you could move on to other people after you have built a steady supportive group. Telling your parents will undoubtedly be difficult for you and it will take some bravery. Just know that when and if you tell them, they may not react well, and that is not at all your fault.