1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transitioning Adult Transwoman

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by brea1964, Dec 3, 2013.

1. brea1964

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there. I am 49 years old and going through puberty. I started hormones 7months ago and am really enjoying emotions. I have laughed like I never have before and I have cried, which I never could before.
    As transitions go mine has been very smooth. My wife of 21 years has been very supportive. From the time I first came out to her she has stated that she will stay with me and be by my side through every step of my transition. This has hit a major speed bump. About 3 weeks ago she asked me for a divorce. I really didn't see this coming. I was prepared when I first came out to her but over the last eight months she has been so supportive that I grew to believe that we would grow old together.
    Since this revelation she has started seeing a therapist on her own and has vowed to try and stay together. She has stated that she is not a lesbian and feels like she would not be a good wife to me if she were simply not attracted to me.
    My two sons, 17 and 14, have also been very supportive of their Moppa. That is the name they came up with to call me. It works for us. They are awesome to me. They completed accept me whether I am in girl mode or boy mode and don't even flinch about being out in public with me.
    We are a work in progress so I hope to be able to post more as we continue to evolve.
    Thanks for reading my post!!!

2. Heun

Welcome!

I'm glad to see that your children are so supportive, and wish you and your wife the best, I imagine this can be quite the situation for the both of you.

3. toushirojaylee

Hi and welcome to EC!Goodluck on your transition as well :slight_smile:

4. Exemerus

Wow, sounds like things are going relatively well for you, hope everything turns out for the best.