1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi! I need opinions about why a gay men would act like this?

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by anonbabe, Dec 3, 2013.

1. anonbabe

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I am a straight girl looking for gay mens view on my current situation:

i have known him for two years now; we dated a while ago briefly then broke up but remained friends with benefits. He told me he’s been with many girls when that was not the reality. He ended up admitting to me he was bi sexual, unfortunately at that point my feelings were to strong to turn away. I continued to see him and we would fool around, then he had to flight from the city for personal reasons.

We went months without seeing each other and that is when I realized how in love I was with him. Sadly he did not then and still doesn’t feel the same way. He wound up telling me he was fully gay and sent me multiple sexual pictures of him and different guys. At that point I obviously gave up on pursuing him, moved on with someone else and remained friends with him.

My brief relationship ended and after around 9 months without seeing my friend we finally met up. HE initiated making out with me and I gave in. It has been four months now and we have been fooling around again. He has issues getting fully erected for both men and woman but we managed to have sex a few times. He has had sex with many men and I am the only girl he’s been with.

I have been in absolute denial he was gay since we started seeing each other again. Why would any gay man want to hold a girl in his arms, kiss her, play with her hair, be so intimate and passionate? He calls me his baby/boo holds my hands when we lie together and stares into my eyes the way no guy ever has.

He says he has an emotional connection with me he’s never had with anyone else before, but that girls aren’t his life goal. He also said he has fun hooking up with me but much prefers sex with a man. He told me he has never in his life had romantic feelings for anyone. (i think it is because of his horrid upbringing) he says he just likes me a lot as a friend. This situation confuses me so much and I do not know what to do. I am completely in love with him and can't come to terms with the fact he is gay and repeatedly tells me we have no future together.

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome.

I think really you need to let go of him and find a guy who is willing to reciprocate your feelings, both physically and mentally. It sounds like you want to be more than friends with benefits, while he is satisfied with the idea that he will eventually "dump" you for a guy. It doesn't matter if he's gay or bi; he does not treat you with the respect you deserve.

3. toushirojaylee

Hi and welcome to EC!I hope you get the answers that you're looking for..

4. Kreiger

I'm gonna have to agree with resu on this one, he's probably not 100% gay if he keeps sleeping with you, but you deserve someone who reciprocates your feelings in a relationship. It doesn't sound like its going to end well, so it'd be best to break things off sooner rather than later.

5. catboy

He sounds sad and confused. You obviously care for him a lot, something he doesn't do. You deserve someone who cares about you. I would stop 'hooking-up' and see other guys encourage him to do the same. You can still be friends but by abstaining from 'benefits' will loosen the emotional load.

6. DesertTortoise

For your sake, ditch him. He may be sincere... I'm inclined to believe him. But whoa.. way fucked up. You can't save him. Save yourself.