1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by geekchicgirl, Dec 4, 2013.

1. geekchicgirl

I'm new on here and I guess I'll start out with saying I've always known I liked some girls the way I liked some guys I wanted to date. I never knew how to admit it to myself that I was bisexual, let alone other people. Finally I have become happy with who I am and have told a few people. I know I probably will never tell my parents because they won't accept this part of who I am. My friends are pretty accepting, but one is asking how and why; questions I don't really have the answers to. Does it ever get any easier telling people you love and care for about your sexuality?

2. lovely lesbian

Hello! I think it's easier coming out to strangers but the I have told family well two members of my family and two friends and it was good and yea people will ask questions which is fine but that is sad that you can't tell your parents.

3. geekchicgirl

I wish I could tell my parents, but I already know exactly how they feel about it so it wouldn't go over well. I'm just looking forward to finishing college then moving out because then I won't have to hide any part of who I am.

4. Zooombini

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello and welcome to the forums! I think it gets easier to tell friends and aquaintances but family was always hard for me because they think they know me better than I know myself.

5. geekchicgirl

That's how my family is. They think they know everything about me, but they don't really come close to scratching the surface.

6. Darren18

Darren18 Guest

i think if there are questions you dont have the answers, or dont want to asnwer you are not forced to actually do it, i mean is your private life, and welcome :slight_smile: im new here too

7. geekchicgirl

Thanks! I don't mind answering questions but I have no real answer for a lot of them. It doesn't help that she's the 'holy roller christian type' and thinks that there is a way to "fix" me. There's nothing about me that needs fixing and I hope she sees that.

8. toushirojaylee

Hi and welcome to EC!