1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ah... um.. h-hey.. it's a long post... i'm sorry

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by mabo2235, Dec 9, 2013.

1. mabo2235

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ....... I-I'm really scared about this b-but i will give this a shot..... I.. might get a bit deep.. sorry for that :tears:

Hey everyone, I'm Matt. I'm 16 years old and live in a small town in southern Sweden. I'm gay and I've known for about 4 and a half years now. I first came out to a gay guy at my school two months ago followed by telling my American best friend and lastly my real life best friend. They are the only three that know about this, although I'm pretty sure everyone knows I'm gay.

I love Japan and I currently study Japanese. I love j-pop, anime, j-fashion... b-basically anything Japanese.... :icon_redf

I've been bullied since I was 3 and I've grown up with people constantly calling me ugly, fag, useless and talentless. I blame that I live in such a small town with nothing but racists, homophobes and drug addicts. This has affected my self-confidence and I barely go shopping in my own town.

This fall I started the Swedish high school and I really really really didn't want to go with everyone who bully/ied me so I decided to apply for an international school a city north of my town. I got accepted and now I commute 3 hours a day. It's such a nice city and everyone are super nice. I met a gay guy at my school who helped me a lot during these last 2 months I've been out to him. I'm starting to feeling more confident with myself after I came out to my three friends but I still have a long way to go.

I know nothing about the community and I'm really scared I won't fit in.... I will do my best though!

Sorry for the long post, I barely talk about this to anyone besides my three friends so I really needed to get this off my chest :confused:

oh and s-sorry if my English is bad, English is my second language...

2. frostedflakes

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Matt,
    I want to thank you for joining our community at EC. EC is a great place to hang out, chat with others, and make new friends!
    I am sorry to hear that you have been bullied ever since you were little, and you do not deserve that. Bullying should not be tolerated, and it should seriously become a crime!
    Congratulations on coming out! It must have been really hard to come out, but, I am sure you are happy you did!
    If you ever need someone to talk to, you can always post on my profile wall and I will message you as soon as I can :slight_smile:.

3. Nick07

Hi Matt, nice to meet you!
    I am glad that your life is starting to look more promissing. And I am also glad that you have joined the forum :slight_smile:

4. mabo2235

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    LGBTQA & Nick07: Thank you so much for the warm welcomes. I appreciate it! :newcolor:

5. Foster

Hi Matt =) I also love anything Japanese (Particularly anime and manga). That's awful that the people in your town treated you so badly. I believe anyone who feels the need to hurt someone else probably has serious self esteem or mental issues of their own. You definitely do not deserve to be bullied, and I'm glad you found a school where you don't have to deal with those mean people ^-^ I definitely know how it feels to not really have anyone who understands the struggle of being different, but the great thing about this site is I think everyone here understands the feeling.

Anyway, feel free to message me =) I love making new friends ^-^

6. Nick07

Join the threads you find interesting. I am sure you will find a lot of friends here :slight_smile:

7. My Two Wings

Heeey, Matt! Welcome to EC! I'm sure you'll fit in fine here. We are a community of acceptance after all.

8. Silver Sparrow

Welcome to EC! It seems like your new school is a lot better.

9. Juniper

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Welcome to EC. Being bullied is never fun. I dealt with it a lot growing up but it has made me a stronger person now. I'm glad you have a more positive environment in your new school. I'm new to EC but from what I have seen so far, everyone here is really nice too so you should be able to find many new friends here. :grin:

10. BreannaToBrian

Hello, Matt and welcome to EC! The people here are very very accepting and if you need to get anything off of your chest the forums are an excellent place to get advice. (*hug*)

11. toushirojaylee

Hi and welcome to EC!

12. double a

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    hello and welcome

13. alliie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi Matt, welcome.

I'm a bit older than you (21) and I can relate to living in a small town filled with homophobic, narrow-minded bigots. If you ever need anything, I can try my best to help.

14. mabo2235

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Foster: Thanks for welcoming me! It's been pretty rough but I'm also really glad that my new shcool's environment is better :icon_bigg
    Nick07: Will do! I'm really shy though....
    My Two Wings: Thank you for having me!
    Silver Sparrow: Thank you! It's much better :slight_smile:
    Juniper: Thanks, you too! Yes, bullying is really hard but I also feel a bit stronger now than three years ago!
    BreannaToBrian: Thank you! That's good to know Q .Q
    toushirojaylee: Thank you :grin:
    double a: Thank you :slight_smile:
    alliie: Thanks! Small towns are something I despise with a burning passion :tantrum: It's even worse that it's actually stated that my municipality is the third most racist and homophobic municipality in Sweden..... good thing I'm moving overseas in one and a half years :eusa_danc

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes, I really needed them!

15. DesertTortoise

Sounds like you've done the right thing and things are looking better for you. Good for you, for finding a way out of a bad situation!

I taught English composition in a University for many years, and your English is better than many Americans. In writing, if you didn't mention that English was a second language, no one would know.

The maternal side of my mother's family came from southern Sweden. From near Gotteberg.

#15 DesertTortoise, Dec 10, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  16. saram

saram Guest

Insufferable boarding school, soon Wolsley Road
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Welcome welcome, I meet many fine men and women here, don’t hesitate to message me.

I do like Morning Musume, as well as fashion, and j-pop. Mate, I am ever so pleased that international school agrees with you more, couldn't have said it better myself, do message me if you need some help Xoxoxo

17. mabo2235

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    DesertTortoise: Really? That's a relief I guess! And it's really cool that a part of your family is from Sweden, I've never heard from anyone who has family from my country.
    saram: Thanks :3 Morning Musume is the reason I live haha! My new school is amazing and I'm really tempted to move up to that city, the overall environment between people is so much brighter and people actually are nice to each other!

18. lovely lesbian

19. mabo2235

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    lovely lesbian: H-hiiiiii :slight_smile:

20. Zelos

Hello Matt!
    Welcome to EC :slight_smile: Have a great time here! And don't worry, you will fit in. We're all here to help each other out :slight_smile: