1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi! Sorry In advanced for rambling

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Kellyve, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Kellyve

Hi I'm Kelly! I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone, but I have a tendency to ramble so... You were forewarned :slight_smile:

I go to a private school in holland, and it's a really protective and sheltered environment. I have always felt different to other girls... For years I would just make up guys I liked, so they would stop nagging me, even though I didn't really 'like' anyone that way. But then when I did start to, they weren't guys. So eventually I got up the nerve to tel my closest friends how I was feeling. And they were really supportive, nice, and everything I had hoped. The problem is, I wasn't and am still not sure about my sexuality. So I didn't want it to get out, or for my parents to know. My view is that if you tell loads of people too early on, you could just end up having more awkward conversations later on if you realize you were wrong. Coming back to the school thing, I also know that I live in an environment that is nothing like the real world. I know of exactly one person in my school who I have ever talked to, who is homophobic. One. And everyone hates her for it. Which is great for me now, because it means if I do come out properly while still in school, then almost everyone will be supportive. But it has also given me a warped view on things. I have no idea how people will be in the UK when I go to university. Also, my friends cannot keep a secret so now a whole tonne of people know because someone shouted it out while drunk I at a party. And my mum found out. Yay. That was the worst conversation of my life. She basically started crying and told me that however bad I was feeling, she was now feeling worse. So I basically told her I wasn't sure of anything over and over, until she left. The next day she said we shouldn't talk about it too much. We haven't spoken about it in 6 months. Ok there's more but this message has gotten ridiculously long so I'm gonna quit while I'm ahead:icon_wink

Thank you so much to whoever created this website, because it is giving me the chance to meet other people in situations like mine, have nice conversations, and make new friends.
    Ok I'm done
    Over and out(!)

2. Heun

Greetings and welcome! I hope you enjoy each and every visit.

3. lovely lesbian

4. mabo2235

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome Kelly :grin:

5. My Two Wings

Well, you're young (that makes me sound old, I'm young too :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:), so you've got plenty of time to discover who you are. Also, welcome to EC, Kelly! :thumbsup:

6. musicgirl18

Hey! Welcome to EC. :slight_smile: I wouldn't worry about it too much. It sounds like you're in a relatively good place right now. Hopefully it gets better with your mom. :slight_smile: And really, like My Two Wings said, we're still young, if you find a nice girl you like and want to date, go ahead, but if you find out you do like guys after all, then that's great too! :grin:

7. Silver Sparrow

Welcome Kelly!

8. lukeluvznicki13

Welcome to EC! :grin: :smilewave (*hug*)

9. toushirojaylee

Hi and welcome to EC!

10. mytruth

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    hi Kelly!

11. Kellyve

Thanks everyone!

12. Myhipsdolie

Hello and welcome!