1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice: sort of coming out?

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by panthers, Dec 16, 2013.

1. panthers

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So I'm a bisexual girl and I go to an all female school, but I haven't told anyone other than a close family friend. I've became friends with a certain girl last year and we've been best friends since then. Everyone knows that I like to hug people and I like to link arms with everyone, so all my close friends are okay with me holding onto them all the time. My best friend and I hold hands, link arms, hug a lot, she holds me bridal style in the water when we are taking a rest during swim practice, basically we're very close. In the last month I've developed quite a crush on her. Whenever I think about her I think of being in her arms(seeing as I'm quite short and she's almost a head taller than I am) and I'd love to kiss her, but I'm almost certain that she is cis. I'd love to be in a relationship with her, but I'm really afraid to tell her that I'm bi and even more so that I like her. She comes from a Christian family and I know that she has only dated guys.

Should I even come out to her? I already love her as my friend, but I don't want her attitude towards me to change if she isn't okay with who I am.

2. KayTmayy

Out Status:
    A few people
    wow, i see that could be a tough situation... im not really equipped to help you, though i just wanted to welcome you, and say i hope things go well... im sure theres someone here who can help, dont give up <3

3. lovely lesbian

4. My Two Wings

Welcome to EC, Panthers! Unfortunately, I can't give any advice on your situation, because I'm in the exact same boat. I have feelings for one of my closest friends, but as far as I know, he's straight and has a girlfriend, I think (doesn't bring her up much). I've thought about telling him anyways, but I don't want our friendship to become awkward or drift apart.

5. toushirojaylee

Hi and welcome to EC!

6. Myhipsdolie

Hello and welcome!
    I hope you find what you're looking for here :grin:
    There are lots of people of people to talk to for advice ^+^

7. panthers

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks for being so welcoming everyone!

I'm still really unsure about what I should do though. :/

8. anonomous

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    well if you think you arre ready then tell her you are bi. mabye not that you love her though :slight_smile:

9. vincevangogo

Out Status:
    A few people
    If it were me in that situation, I would simply come out to her in a way that doesn't particularly "target" her. That is, I would explain my views on women in a broad, general sense. I would hold back telling her that she, specifically, is the apple of my eye, mainly to keep her from backing away at all of this new information. Give it to her in small pieces, preferably somewhere free of other people and distractions so that you can discuss it.

As a religious person, she may very well chastise you, and that's to be expected in some cases. She may be taken back or disgusted. In that case, it may be best to calmly leave the situation and wait until things blow over.

However, it is common for people in a gender-specific school to establish a sexuality based on what they know [and since they know mostly their own gender, chances are that many people there will also share your sexual viewpoint]. Also, many Christians are a part of the LGBTQ+ community, and she can very well share your affections.

Look for a good time to take her aside and let it to her slowly. Let her think over the information before going any further. And if she accepts your sexuality, it may be a good time to tell her that she is someone you could see yourself dating.

Anyways, I wish you the best of luck!

- Vincent

10. TheQueenTherese

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi... Hehe im in ur situation too.... Well the difference is my crush has a boyfriend... And it hurtsss.. Hehe..