1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Here I am, Whoever I am

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by tasha28, Dec 21, 2013.

1. tasha28

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don't know if I'm a lesbian, although I probably am. I'm not sure why I keep denying it from myself, because I've already admitted to myself that I am, a couple of times.

The last time was heart wrenching. I broke down and locked myself in my room for the weekend and practically slept/ate the whole time to avoid life, family, thoughts.

My entire life, I've liked men-except for the times when I didn't. My parents have tried to hint to me that I was gay... which makes me question even more so. Because they're self-absorbed. But it makes me feel like everyone but me knows.

I've been avoiding and the questioning has been going on for about two years now, since my last boyfriend and I broke up... and I am convinced that he was trying to prove to me that I wasn't straight.

This is pitiful. I am who I am, I just wish I wouldn't be questioned by my family and society when I go out. Actually I have become a hermit pretty much, because I am too afraid to go out because I'm afraid I'll be judged unfairly.

So I really just need some connection with people, I've cut everyone out of my life pretty much. I'm too scared to reach out to others. Wish things weren't this way, but they are aren't they? I don't have much of a choice...

And this isn't to offend anyone, please it's no offense. I just feel alone and scared really.

Namaste

2. gli2910

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    You are not alone and you have the right to be scared ! I think this forum should be a safe place for you, nobody will judge you. Hope you will find your way. welcome :slight_smile:

3. Larry

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have only just admitted to myself that I am gay and I know what your going through, just be true to yourself xx

4. Wasp

Wasp Guest

I've just admitted it to myself too :slight_smile:
    hope you'll find your way.

but straight or gay, accepting yourself is the most important part

5. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Damn, y'all are figuring it out.

6. Kellyve

Hi and welcome to EC! This is a safe place and im sure you won't feel judged

7. tasha28

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    really appreciate the love guys, thanks <3

8. eleni

eleni Guest

you are an amazing girl just the way you are!! don't worry about it!! you will find some people who will see how worthy you are and respect you for this.:wink: be always yourself.. :wink: we will be here for you.

9. mermaid

Hi and welcome!
    I appreciate this board as a warm, open and non-judging place with a huge variety of people.(&&&)
    You will for sure find interesting threads to read and many friends to talk to, don't be afraid!

10. freeskies

Hi tasha! Welcome to EC! I know its hard when you are still figuring out. We are here to listen and help you :slight_smile: