1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Siddartha & Govinda

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Byyourside2013, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Byyourside2013

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    This is my first time here. I hope you all will be patient with me. I really need to talk about what is going on in my life, just now. I realize that everyone is busy, etc, but I need some advice. I'm not sure how this works, but if there's anybody out there, I would certainly appreciate the time.

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's lots of us out here, and we are all happy to help! :slight_smile:

3. Byyourside2013

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I don't really know where to start. I have been married for nearly 20 years to a woman whom I admire very much. We met in college (both English majors), and had so much in common, as readers, and lovers of music (ESP the Grateful Dead, et al. Both of us sort of idolize the sixties.) We were infrequently intimate, because of our proximity, really. There was never any passion, even early on, and I wasn't sure why that sort of thing should be part of our friendship anyway, but I was not an unwilling partner.

4. freeskies

Hi there! Welcome to EC! We are always here to help. Sorry this should come up ...but are you Indian by any chance? i figured that from your subject line:slight_smile: they sound like hindu names...

5. Byyourside2013

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I am so dumb. I don't know how to chat here, but if you're still around, Cambridge, UK, thanks, mate. I still don't know where this path is going to lead, but it's nice to know I'm not alone. Bully for us.

6. freeskies

should not be a problem.... i think its best if you post your story/question under "Family, Friends, and Relationships" or "chit chat". You are sure to receive some advice

7. Byyourside2013

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    A little Native American, but no, not from the Indian subcontinent. The title refers to the relationship between Siddartha (later known as the Buddha), and his best friend, Govinda, in Herman Hesse's novel Siddartha.

---------- Post added 21st Dec 2013 at 07:30 PM ----------

Forgive me, but I don't know how to do the posting, and the rest. I feel a little vulnerable even doing this. I guess I'm just not ready, although I am am heartsick over my current situation. Please don't think that I'm asking for or expecting pity. Please. Sorry to bother y'all, really.

8. freeskies

Hi there! you are doing just fine here.... its just that i'm not sure if i can give any sort of advice in this matter. But i can help you post in the right space, so that people with more experience can help you :slight_smile: please don't take this as a sign of discouragement or anything like that ....

But i could try...
    You say that you "There was never any passion", so does that mean that you had sexual preference for the same sex?

---------- Post added 21st Dec 2013 at 11:49 PM ----------

you know the way to post is, first you go to "http://emptyclosets.com/forum/family-friends-relationships/", and click on "new thread" on the top left corner, and add all the details and post your concerns :slight_smile:

All kinds of people are always here to help you :slight_smile:

Also remember, you will able to write on your wall once you reply to a minimum of 10 posts from any category in the forum :slight_smile:

#8 freeskies, Dec 21, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  9. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome! Don't feel ashamed at all! EC is a great places to share your deepest concerns without fear.