1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey there!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by papermoth, Mar 19, 2007.

1. papermoth

...wow, this is kind of scary, lol. I keep writing up "Hi, I'm me!" posts to places, but have never had the guts to actually post them. Anyway - hi, I'm me. To specify, I'm some random dorky chick who's bisexual(ish - yes, I know that sounds wonderful) and not out to the general public, as you can probably tell from my vivid description. This place looks reasonably friendly, though, so I wanted to say hi.

Other things about me: I draw sometimes, and like cats and teensy beakers (so cute!), but not cats in teensy beakers.

So, yes. Hi! :grin:

2. Micah

Another random dorky person :slight_smile: now I have someone just like me!

I must say im intrigued about the cats and teensy beakers :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Anyway welcome to Empty Closets! Have to say I'm looking forward to your posts.

Dave

Ps - If there was ever a place for "bisexual-ish people who aren't out to the general public", then I have to say this is it!

3. papermoth

Aww, thanks. :slight_smile: It's nice to know there are other dorky people here - your icon, by the way, is rather hypnotic. As for the teensy beakers - well, I'm a biochem major (horror?), and my research sometimes involves little flasks and things. I think they're cute, but my advisor's teased me about it. And, well... the cats? I've pretty much always liked cats, and thought they might be a good topic for small talk. I might get one once I'm out on my own and have the resources and stuff. I'll blame the cats-in-beakers quip on it being five in the morning here; I certainly hope the bonsai kitten site was photoshopped.

And thanks again. It seems like a catch-22: I don't really know what's going on with my orientation, so I can't tell people about it yet, and it's hard to sort out what I'm thinking 'cause I can't talk to anyone. Hopefully, I'll be able to clear things up.

4. Micah

I'm pretty sure I've wasted a number of hours just staring at my little man run around the box. I've actually considered changing it to something more personal lately, but I'm not sure how that would go down with everyone else who enjoys watching it :wink:

I'm quite a fan of cats too. I used to have a cat when I was aged 6 to 14, but then she died of cancer :frowning2: We got a dog instead, but I find cats to be more soothing and lower maintenance. I'll probably get a white kitten when I move out of home.

And hey - talking and help is what we're here for!

5. TriBi

Oh dear....

I'm allergic to cats - and a definite Dog person (shall I go hide?)...

No matter, everyone is welcome here :grin:...especially random dorky people...:wink:

6. Will1975

Will1975 Guest

Welcome to EC...

Cats in Beakers... Catchy line huh?

:smilewave

7. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Welcome from me too. :slight_smile:

And Duke (on the left) is always glad to welcome other cats too, even ones in beakers!

8. blake21

hi and welcome i like to draw to and do quite a bit of it to

#8 blake21, Mar 20, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2007
  9. step49x

Hey, and welcome!

Biochem? That sounds.. um... interesting. I'm not a huge fan of science, myself. That's why I'm going into Theatre and Computer Science.