1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Introducing...Puzzled!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Puzzled, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Puzzled

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Hello, I'm Puzzled! That's my name and I feel that way too, haha. To introduce myself, I am a 26 year old female. I am the mother of the most amazing 2 year old boy. I am engaged to a wonderful man who accepts me for who I am. I love video games, crochet, martial arts, swimming, and football (Denver Broncos FTW!)

I found this place through google. I've been feeling confused recently and I didn't know where to go or who to talk to. All of my life, I have considered myself "straight" and have only ever had relationships and intimacy with men. Probably since my early college years, I have felt curious about women and having intimate relationships with them, but being a Christian and coming from a conservative background I usually wrote it off or explained it away as "mere curiosity." In these past few months though, I have really felt a strong pull toward women sexually. I don't really understand it, but I can't explain it away anymore. It is a very powerful drive that I am feeling.

What I want, is to find people to talk to. People more experienced in this area than I am. People I can talk to and not be afraid to be honest. And I hope to find that here. I have been honest with my fiance about how I am feeling, and he is very accepting of me and what I am going through, but he has no real experience in this or much advice to give.

I am hopeful to find some answers and find a way to accept myself and be at peace. I look forward to meeting the community here. I hope that someone can relate to my experiences and maybe provide guidance and advice in my situation. Thank you for taking the time to read this! :smilewave

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC. I myself don't have any experience in exactly what you are going through but there will be people here that do. EC is a really great place. It's great that your fiancé is accepting.

3. Kellyve

Hi! I'm confident EC is the right place to come :slight_smile: there are a huge number of people with experience and guidance that is sure to help you. Sorry to say, as a teenager I can't really help you here. But I'm sure there will be someone who will be able to help you sort out your feelings.

4. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome! Let's agree to disagree on football...go Pats!

5. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Like biwinning, I can forgive you for being a Broncos fan, but welcome to EC.

[​IMG]

6. lovely lesbian

7. Puzzled

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    :smilewave

---------- Post added 1st Jan 2014 at 01:33 PM ----------

Oh my, I replied to all of your posts and then it disappeared! haha I have no idea what I'm doing... let me try to reply to them again. ^_^

---------- Post added 1st Jan 2014 at 01:37 PM ----------

silverhalo:
    Thank you silverhalo! I'm glad I found EC. I think at this point for me any advice would be helpful and always welcome. I don't know that I can find anyone with experience in my exact situation, but I do feel I can find kindred spirits here. ^_^

Kellyve:
    Thanks Kellyve! I think any age can bring wisdom to anyone if they are willing to listen. I very much appreciate your support! You have had a good experience here? :slight_smile:

biwinning:
    I will agree to disagree. :wink: It would be no fun being a Broncos fan if I didn't have people who cheered for the other teams too! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Thanks for the welcome biwinning!

AwesomeGaytheist:
    I've been a Broncos fan all my life, not much I can really do about it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Thank you for accepting me for who I am! lol Thanks for the welcome AwesomeGaytheist!

8. Fiddledeedee

Sorry about the replies not showing; there's a post moderation thingy which is rather temperamental. Welcome to EC, Puzzled -- it's great to have another girl around!

9. Soleil

Welcome Puzzled! I can't say I have so much experience. I had a 9 year straight marriage, a 4year straight partnership and then BAM fell in love with a woman and when I look backwards find myself noticing how many people saw my rainbow flag flying when I never did. What I CAN offer is honest and open exchange. I am also a mother and grew up in a VERY christian environment. Glad you found this place and glad to hear your fiancee is supportive of you!

10. Puzzled

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Yay! Well, at least I think I got my replies up, haha. Thank you for the welcome! I'm glad to find girls here! I hope to find some answers and make some friends in this. I noticed your orientation said "bisexual." Do you mind me asking how you figured it all out?

---------- Post added 1st Jan 2014 at 02:12 PM ----------

Thank you for the welcome Soleil! Thank you for your support! I am very happy to find someone who has had some similar experiences. :slight_smile: I feel pretty lost and confused right now.

11. Fiddledeedee

Well, I haven't got it figured out for certain yet, but I can still try to answer. Warning: I have no idea how long or short this will turn out.

I had always known that women were pretty and attractive and so on, but there was nothing sexual about this for me; I thought I was a normal straight Christian girl. However, when I was 14 I first found a woman hot in a very lesbian way (though it took me a few days to realise that that was what I was thinking, since I just never thought about LGBT issues back then). This sent me into a panic of questions and worries about my potential orientation. Am I straight? God, please let me be straight. Come on, I can't be anything other than straight -- I have a crush on a guy who I've known all my life.

I started reading lots of Wikipedia articles on sexuality because there was so much for me to learn -- as I said, I had never thought about this stuff before -- and that's where I found out what bisexuality was. (It's also where I encountered this forum, which taught me that being LGBT is normal and okay.) The more I read and reread it, the more I understood that bisexuality was a real thing and it was what I was.

I was still very worried that I was just going through a phase and I would only ever find one woman hot and so on. However, as time passed and I learned more through this forum, I became more certain and I came out to more people. It was nerve-racking, but I'm glad to have done it.

Um... I hope that helps. If you have any more specific questions or if I've made no sense whatsoever, fire away. I hope that you can figure out who you are, whoever that may be. :slight_smile:

12. welcome to ec (*hug*)