1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

From a PFLAG Mom

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by beckyg, Mar 19, 2007.

1. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Hi everybody,

I just found this website from a link on MySpace. I'm so glad to know its here. Coming out can be a very difficult process. It helps to have somebody to talk with who may have gone through the same thing.

I'm a 45 year old mother of three great young adults, one of whom happens to be gay. I'm the current President of PFLAG Central Oregon. (Parents, Families, and Friends of Lesbians and Gays) I'm very active in supporting gay rights. Last week I gave testimony to the Oregon Senate, my first time!

I have come to know and love many gay people and wouldn't trade this experience for anything. Check out my website at: www.rainbowcircle.info

Becky

2. Sleepless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Nice to meet you.

I always wanted to do something in civil rights and liberal politics, but never found the gumption to actually do anything productive other than state i'm a liberal.

3. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Hi Becky

Welcome to EC! We have a few parents signed up here now, who I'm sure will find your experiences and advise very useful. Please feel free to offer whatever help and advise you like, and of course to ask anything you like too. In fact you may find reading some of the posts by some of the younger people here useful too, to appreciate their position when dealing with their parents.

Welcome again to EC, and thank you for your support with parents and gay rights in your area. It is most appreciated.

4. Will1975

Will1975 Guest

Becky,

Welcome to EC. It is good to see family members. I am too in Oregon. I have been looking for support in my area. I am interested in talking with you more. I'll send you a Private Message.

Once again welcome to EC.

Will:icon_bigg

5. TriBi

Hi Becky - Glad you found us. :grin: I hope you become a regular poster here - with your experience and background you could be a great help to a lot of people who come here.

6. step49x

Hello, and welcome!

Ooh, PFLAG! I went to a meeting, a couple months ago. A few people from my college went to a meeting. I thought it was really fun, because it was the first time I had heard a group of gray-haired people sit down and talk about GLBT issues. I hope to attend another meeting, the next chance I get. :slight_smile:

7. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    step49x ............. I'm not gray. Nice 'n Easy takes care of that! *big grin*

Becky