1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yet Another Lonely Gay

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by ryanp, Jan 2, 2014.

1. ryanp

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi Guys,
    I am Ryan. Closeted Gay.
    Recent graduate, moved away from family and friends to a new city.
    Have always been in the spotlight, for being a good performer, and then started to take one step towards the closet as I grew.
    Living in a society, tightly bound by its rules, I have kept myself - the real me- hidden from the public eye. And i live in the constant fear of being exposed, of how will people react, of whether or not I'd be hated.
    And with this stuffing myself, hiding in plain sight the real me, I have this loneliness brooding inside me that I want to simply get out of.
    I've tried dating forums, having penpals, but nothing worked out for me. And this sense of loneliness is getting stronger by the day.

I know that I should be more optimistic, and look froward to brighter things in life, but I somehow am just too tired, and I dont wanna do something stupid. Just wondering if talking to you all, or just being here might help. I know there might be many others who feel the same, hoping that you guys could help me steer through there rough waters.

2. Van

Van

Hey Ryan, welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

3. chivalrous

Hello Ryan nice to meet you!
    this may sound corny and cheesy but il say it anyways! Bah! turn that frown upside down!
    :grin: and who knows my may catch some of my optimism, well anyways good luck ^.^

Once again Welcome!

4. ryanp

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks Guys.

Yeah, though m tired of being the eternal optimist and being disappointed, I think its upto me to pick myself up and start running again.
    Would look forward to you guys to rub-off your optimism to me :slight_smile: