1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Face to Grace Your Threads

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by 70th City, Jan 8, 2014.

1. 70th City

A newcomer on Empty Closets. Now there's something you don't see every day. Oh wait, you do. Never mind.

Hello there! My name's Jim, I live in Kent, England, and I'm an 18 year old student. Music is my passion, although my taste in music is somewhat uncool (80's and 90's new wave rock/synth/dance; almost nothing from recent years appeals to me). I hope to study music at university this year. Like many people my age, I love video games as well. I also enjoy travelling to new places, the arts, and nature. Now, on to the main thing...

I first had suspicions that I wasn't straight when I was 16, roughly 2 years ago today. Previously, I never had any attraction to girls and I wondered why (I grew up thinking I'd be straight, of course), but having had little education about homosexuality, I figured this would change in a few years. It didn't, and then the possibility I might be gay came to me. And it became official when I saw this boy in one of my classes who had a slender body, a cute face and a dark, sexy voice. For some reason, I was infatuated and couldn't stop eyeing him (he was straight, though, and thankfully never noticed me looking his way) and subsequently I began to have fantasies about boys only. When I realised this, I was slightly shocked, but I also felt triumphant at having found the answer at last.

Recently however, I've had a couple of girls in my classes who are quite sweet, and I've developed minor crushes on them. My orientation is most likely biromantic homosexual; I might hug these girls, but wouldn't get too close. I'd say I'm a low 5 on the Kinsey scale.

My out status? I came out to a couple of internet communities - which I shall not name - the first group was kind of disturbed and tended to avoid me afterwards, while the second group felt awkward at first but soon got over it. I'm not out at all in real life, however.

Oh, and I'm also an atheist. I've never found any inspiration in God or the Bible. But I respect those who are religious.

Well, that's it. Sorry if that was too long. Nice to meet you all! :slight_smile:

2. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Greetings from another 80s/90s music-loving guy on the other side of the Atlantic! I hope you enjoy EC as much as I have!

3. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC!

4. Gallatin

Hi there, welcome to EC. :slight_smile:

5. Nicholas1991

Hi from australia :slight_smile:

6. 70th City

Thanks for all the welcomes! My internet's on the fritz, so I would have responded sooner if it weren't for that. And I still can't get over the rate at which people join EC, it's like we have a new member every few hours.

I'm sure I'll enjoy EC a great deal. :icon_bigg

7. Mzansi

Hello there!
    Was in Kent recently,
    Beautiful area :slight_smile:

Hopefully you can be helped over here!
    The people are nice :slight_smile:

8. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    Welcome to EC.
    Sorry to hear the other communities weren't so accepting! :frowning2:
    But you'll probably love it here. :slight_smile:

9. 70th City

Hi! That's cool. :slight_smile: I don't find Kent that beautiful, I guess it's because I've been around it a bit more. And yes, I hope this site will help me so that I'm out this year or the next. Everyone's friendly :slight_smile:

Eh, that's alright, I didn't expect them to be. I've left the first community forever; all the people were really immature. I still visit the second community, though not as often as I used to. And I'm sure I will love it here!