1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Im a newbie here.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Aloneinacrowd78, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Aloneinacrowd78

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello all. I am a new user on here and thought i would check it out. I am 35 years old and im gay/bi. When i say that let me explain. Im gay but due to my up bringing of being raised that gay is frowned upon i was forced into relationships with women. Obviously they were not functional relationships due to physical attraction issues. So none of my relationships have really lasted there. Now a days, i am considered to be bi however i am attracted to guys.

On the other side, i am attracted to guys younger than myself. I am not attracted to guys my own age or older. It is hard for me to accept but i am trying to be who i am on the inside. But i seem it to be increasingly harder to meet with guys im attracted to as i can not find guys in the age range im looking for who are also attracted to me. I feel so alone on this although im sure i am not alone.

I am a kind hearted gentle soul easy going person. I have love to give but no one to share with. I want to meet that speacial someone i can treat, hug, love, and share with. I know my attraction leaves me focusing on 18-25 year old guys who dont seem to be attracted to me back. I dont want to come across as a preditor either as that is certainly not what i want. But as it seems, the older i get my attraction stays the same. I like to think if i can meet a young guy who steals my heart that we can get old together. Maybe im a dreamer. I just want to be me, happy, free, and in love. Seems impossible.

2. Cigsmoker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Aloneinacrowd78,

First of all, a big welcome to both of us for I am a newbie here as well just like you.

As for your attraction to younger guys, I don't think there's anything wrong with that. We all have our preferences and for a time, I too, had a very specific traits that I look for in a guy. But as I have gotten older [I turned 30 last year], I found out that my taste in guys seem to get broader and different.

May I suggest you try to also broaden your likes just a little. It won't hurt to open your eyes and check out guys who are currently outside your preferences. Who knows? They might pleasantly surprise you in the end. But if you cannot compromise your likes/attraction, then maybe you can try online dating and just filter the age group that you want and message guys you are into. I am sure there are a lot of younger guys who would go for men older than they are. :slight_smile:

Cheers!
    Sam

3. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey mate. ^_^ Welcome to EC.
    You are certainly not alone.

Glad to have you here. :slight_smile: Hope you can find more out about yourself as you spend more time here.

#3 TJ, Jan 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  4. Aloneinacrowd78

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you everyone for the warm welcome.

I came on here in hopes of discovering im not alone as well as maybe chat and meet with people like myself.

I wish to share with someone.