1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

im bi and proud

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Born this way93, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Born this way93

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    :helpsince i dont recieve much acceptance where i am, i thought id try here. my name is James, i am 15 and i am bisexual, idk how i can feel better with coming out in public. any advice???

2. Beantown

Beantown Guest

Hi, welcome to the forums, it's nice to meet you. I don't know how to feel better about coming out in public since I'm still in the closet but I hope you'll find out soon so you can feel better.

3. Born this way93

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    thanks for the welcome :slight_smile: looks like a fun and beautiful community here

4. Beantown

Beantown Guest

ahaha yeah they are, they've been especially helpful with helping me figure out my feelings for the guy I'm with now and also about my sexuality. I hope they can help you with whatever you need help with as well.

5. chivalrous

Hello its nice to meet you as to your question, im sure you'll find the answer somewhere here!!! feel free to message me :slight_smile:

and once again Welcome to EC!!! :grin: :grin: :grin:

6. lovely lesbian

7. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC, James. :slight_smile:
    The first part of being comfortable coming out is being comfortable with yourself. This will allow you to confidently come out to people, so they don't doubt you/question you.
    Also, becoming confident with your sexuality really makes you think about it and what you really feel.

Hope you post some threads in EC, and read some too! We can help if you share what's bothering you. :slight_smile:
    See you around.

8. man dolen

Hello and Welcome to EC !! :slight_smile:

9. ChainsrGone

Hello and welcome!

10. william123

Hey there!

I'm glad you can confidently say you are bisexual. I am working on that myself. Just thought I'd say 'hi', and congratulations for being able to say it openly (even if it's just on a forum like this). Cheers.

11. doglover44

doglover44 Guest

Welcome to EC from a fellow bisexual

12. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to E.C. :slight_smile:

13. Born this way93

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    hey guys, thanks for the words of welcome. i am having trouble with people making fun of my sexuality and i have been slipping into a bit of a depression :frowning2: i feel like i try so hard to mask my emotions and to fit in. its just really hard for me. idk what to do

14. Beantown

Beantown Guest

Don't feel so bad, at least you've figured out what you are. A lot of the other teens are probably still trying to find themselves so if they make fun of you it's probably because of their own insecurity plus soon you'll probably be going to college and people their are suppose to be way more accepting.

15. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to E.C. :slight_smile:

16. Camrok

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Consider everyone here, myself included, as your friends. We're all here for each other and we all know the same struggle that you do

17. Mr Scratch

Hello, 15-year-old James. I'm 31-year-old James. Good to meet you. :slight_smile:

I'm bisexual as well, and I struggled with the hows-and-whys of it pretty good when I was your age. I went through an experimenting phase and whatnot, trying to figure out who I was and what I wanted. It took me a few years yet to figure out who I was sexually, and at the end of the day I never really came out. I just treat it like common knowledge. If I see a guy I think is attractive, I'll comment about it and then move right along as though it's perfectly natural.

Surprisingly, this method has worked great for me (despite the fact I live in the deep south) but I didn't really latch onto it until I was a little older. At 15, I'm not sure I'd have had the guts to come out publicly. Even if they're not bigoted, kids can be mighty cruel. It's their way of coping with what's different. If you do decide to come out, I wish you the best of luck with it. :slight_smile:

Hopefully, we're fast approaching a time when people won't have to come out, this kind of information will be treated like just another snippet of who we are.

18. Born this way93

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    thanks guys i am out but i am wondering wht it takes for people to love me. you guys are all awesome and i am so happy to have such a great community like EC.