1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New here

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by NeonBlue, Jan 23, 2014.

1. NeonBlue

Hi, all.

So, I'm new here, as you might have figured out, from the post title and the subforum. From there, it's a little hard to know where to start, but the anonymity helps...

I don't really know how to self describe. My identity is... I have no idea. Some sort of dysmorphia has been on my back, more or less, since I was thirteen or so. I don't know if it's gender dysmorphia, some sort of general dysmorphia, or if it's some artificial product of severe anxiety and depression. I can say I was DMAB, but I'm having a really hard time with this, more and more lately.

My sexual orientation is about as confusing to me. I've been with men, women and my partner is probably best described as questioning genderqueer. On good days, I think I can comfortably say that plumbing doesn't matter much to me, but my experiences are limited enough that on bad days I feel like I'm masquerading for queer and/or alt "points".

Long story short, I'm trying to work myself out.

Outside of the relevant gender/sex/sexual identity stuff, it's probably easier. I'm pretty geeky. And a little crafty. I like to play, make, create. Just generally imagine, because it's fun. The fastest descriptor for my musical taste is "dark". Basically, I'm just really, really uncool. And I'm cool with that.

2. Avi123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    we dont all need to be in boxes, if you feel that you dont fit the labels than thats ok!

3. NeonBlue

My anxiety, feelings of lack of identity and an oddly paralyzing fear that I'll age out of being able to feel beautiful ever if I can't work it out RIGHT NOW disagree with you. Although I appreciate the sentiment. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. chivalrous

Welcome Neon blue! and im sure you'll find the answers to all your questions and feeling in due time so you needn't rush it!!! :slight_smile:
    Once again hello and Welcome to EC ! :grin:

(*hug*)

5. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heya Neon. Welcome to EC :slight_smile:
    I'm not the best advice giver on your situation, so I'd suggest making a thread in the appropriate forum whenever you're ready. There's no rush. <3

See you around! (*hug*)

6. setnyx

this site gives an opportunity to help you figure you out.

7. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to E.C. :slight_smile: