1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey folks, I’m new and somewhat unsure.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Katelyn93, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Katelyn93

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hey folks, I’m new and somewhat unsure.

I’ve lately developed some issues and decided it would be better to talk to someone, though I need someone with an open mind of which there are few around.

I cannot say “I always knew” or “I was always different” though I do feel like I was out of place more often than not. I am a 20 year old guy yet I am not overly manly and hardly have interests that align with most guys other than girls and bikes. Pretty much in the same way I find myself extremely interested in trying on female clothing, but I am not exactly feminine, I think. I was brought up to think of it as “wrong”, which makes me feel guilty or bad for even thinking about it. It just started after the cleaning lady hung a dress in my cupboard, which I took out and returned to my mother and since have wondered how it would feel. Curiosity seems to be the best bet, but I also feel curiosity wouldn’t eat me up like this.

I tried ignoring it for some time but it resurfaced recently. When I looked it up I started finding details on trans people and how others had similar or worse issues relating to this. This kinda made me happy, not being a ‘freak’ or ‘weirdo’ by everyone’s standards as I thought the case was.

I have never had a girlfriend, my inability to act and my not so manly approach which always drops me in the best friend zone made me question my sexuality as well. I am closer to my best friend and feel comfortable hugging him and such than most girls. I have been told I should “man up” several times before. Then I fell head over heels for a girl which kinda brought Bi into the equation. I am not sure which, if any, are true. Might even be Asexual and very friendly.

I have an issue with gender roles and social expectations from certain genders. I am growing my hair long because I want it long, and even dyed it, which seems to drive the “normal” people around me up the walls. I like cooking, though I am still quite horrible at it but I love trying though, which is also apparently too feminine since I prefer the stove to the barbeque. I would rather clean the house or my room, rearrange my cupboard or something than work in the garden or try to fix a car. Then as I mentioned above there is the fact that I really would like to try and cross-dress, I just don’t know how to handle it... yet.

I hope to find some answers and friends here.

2. Beantown

Beantown Guest

Hi, welcome to the forum, it's nice to meet you, I hope the people here are able to help you figure out who you are like they have for me.

3. lovely lesbian

4. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Confusing feelings SUCKKK. T_T
    But! EC is good at helping folks out - I'm sure you'll leave here better than you came.
    Welcome to EC, and hope to see you around. (*hug*)

5. Welcome to EC! Hopefully you'll find the answers you're looking for. Good luck :slight_smile:

6. ChainsrGone

7. Katelyn93

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thank you for the warm welcomes everyone. Nice to meet you all.

8. SpecialK

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Welcome to the club :eusa_clap
    I'm sure you are going to find the help and support you are looking for here. It's a very confusing time when you start to question your sexuality. I myself have gone through, and am still going through, that stage.
    Strongs bud!