1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A simple hello

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by swan32145, Jan 29, 2014.

1. swan32145

swan32145 Guest

After many bouts of depression I have finally managed to identify a cause. I'm truly amazed it took me so long to realize, considering the various boys whom I've had been interested in since early elementary school, but I've finally come out to myself. With such a tremendous realization of the nature of my own character comes the arduous task of coming out to my family, who I have previously known to be excepting of such things. You see, my sister is bisexual, and I'm not sure my parents would react the same to a gay male as a gay female, and having both children gay. My parents keep asking me to get a girlfriend and "get laid (an unpleasant term in my opinion)." I think they know I am gay, but they keep sending me signals that they would rather I stayed in the closet. However, hiding it has become a tremendous burden with adverse effects on my fragile psyche (I have severe anxiety issues and recently panic attacks). So, I have come for help.
    I apologize for the delay in introducing myself, and though I have considered hiding my name I feel that it is best to be honest. My name is Drew, and it is my pleasure to sat hello and seek what I'm sure will be great advice from a wise group of people.
    Now as to the nature of my orientation. I have sense childhood had the desire to live as a girl, which caused many problems with my previous Step-father, who was the only person who's ever known and was quite abusive because he wanted to teach me to be a man, lessons which more than anything have just damaged me, rather than bring out my masculinity. I only like men, though I do think woman are pretty it is more of a "I wish I looked like that" kind of thing. I want to get married and adopt or perhaps have a surrogate mother. The first time I "liked" a boy was the second grade, when I nearly fell in love with a boy who saved me from bullies.
    I hope to make many friends here and eventually become less nervous about being on this sight. I'm nervous about everything, it seems.

2. Owl333

Owl333 Guest

Hi, nice to meet you Drew. Welcome to EC :slight_smile:

3. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC, Drew.
    Glad you've come out to yourself, and I hope we can help you feel more comfortable coming out to others. <3

4. Xochipilli

I'm not too fond of the term "getting laid" either. :confused:
    So I feel for you, especially if your parents are the ones using it.

Welcome to EC and I hope you feel safe here! :slight_smile:

5. setnyx

isn't getting laid what eggs do? lol .parents are so crude sometimes especially when they're trying to be cool. welcome to ec. you'll learn alot on this site.

6. BiPenguin

Hi Swan, welcome to EC. Good to have you here with us. You're been adopted.

7. swan32145

swan32145 Guest

Wow, your all so friendly. Thank you. Nice Penguin, by the way.

8. Welcome to EC! Everyone's helpful and friendly on here. :slight_smile:

9. Kalon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Welcome to EC! I'm new as well but everyone here seems very friendly.

10. Nicholas1991

Accepting yourself is a big step, congrats :slight_smile: it seems like youve been through so much...

Everyone ive talked to on here is really nice, welcome to ec :slight_smile:

11. katwat

Hi Drew

Welcome to EC

12. tscott

Hi Drew...I'm Tim...Welcome to EC(*hug*)