1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My closet has only a trap door and a window....

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by GayDadStr8Marig, Jan 30, 2014.

1. GayDadStr8Marig

Hello everyone. Just found this site by accident last night. Looking forward to resolving my issues with being a gay man, married to a straight woman, and we have two younger children (8&10). Only a few people know I'm gay. My parents and sister know, but they shoved me firmly back into the closet days after I came out when I was 18, living at home, scared and completely dependent on them for going to college.

Since then. after a series of bad decisions trying to un-gay myself, I find myself trapped in my closet with no door; just a window to see the world outside and a trap door to escape.

2. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC, mate. :slight_smile: Hope we can help you resolve your issues. <3

3. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey GayDadst8Marig, Welcome to EC!

Check out our Later in Life section.

Many of us are in the same leaky boat as you, bailing away while trying to avoid sinking. So join us, the more bailers there are, the less likely you will get that sinking feeling...you are definitely NOT alone!

4. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Always good to see another guy from SE WI on the site. Similar situation to mine, except that my kids are about 5 years older than yours. There are many of us here all coming to grips with who we are and where the hell we go from here. No pressure, no demands, just support--it's been amazingly helpful. Welcome!

5. Cigsmoker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi GayDadStr8Marig! Welcome to Empty Closets! I may not have the experience and skills to give you an advice about your situation but there are tons of people here who can give you the support that you need, even if its just online.
    I wish you all the happiness and the inner-peace that you deserve! I really do! :slight_smile:

Cheer up!
    Cigsmoker [Sam]

6. finlandwrc

Hi welcome to EC :slight_smile:

7. tscott

Hey, Sport...you came to the right spot...hope to see on "Late in Life"

8. Welcome to EC. You've joined an awesome site, we're all friendly on here! :slight_smile:

9. BiPenguin

Hi Dad! :slight_smile: *waving!

It's a hard situation you're in. I do understand the fear thing. As a teen of the 80's, it was dangerous to even be thought to be gay. I've always given off that 'gay vibe' and got into a few fist fights for it sadly. Most knew I was a martial art student so those people left me alone. LOL

Hope we can help you as you help us too.