1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hii

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Somerandomguy, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Somerandomguy

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey :3 im new here so :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: a lil bit about me
    Definitely gay but not out yet
    I have depression and sometimes suicidal thoughts :/

2. MistressSurya

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi there :slight_smile: It's okay to feel depressed at times, but if you start going to that darker place where you start to feel suicidal, it is really important that you seek professional help.

Depression runs in my family, so I know about the effects it can have on people all too well. I had a cousin who didn't seek help & he ended his life 8 years ago - our family is still devastated at losing him.

Then there is my brother, he has been in counselling & on anti-depressants for the past 6 years - it has made a world of difference for him. Whereas before he was always down, unmotivated & went through long periods of unemployment, he has been running his own business for the past 2 years & is engaged to be married - he's never been happier in his life!

When I suffered my own mental breakdown from leaving my abusive marriage, my brother was able to support me with these words: "It's ok to get help, there's no shame in it and you are not a weak person because you need support. It's no different than any physical medical problem - if you have pneumonia, you go to the doctor. There's no reason to avoid a health professional if you are suffering from a mental health issue."

Truer words were never said to me - I've been in counselling for the past 4 months & though my issue is anxiety instead of depression, it is helping me to cope with life much better than I could on my own. Everybody needs support at some time in their life, & when you get through this (and you will), you'll be in a position to help somebody else down the road.

Please take care of yourself - you are worth it! (*hug*)

3. lovely lesbian

4. Hartofgold

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi there! Welcome :slight_smile:

5. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

6. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey man. :slight_smile: Welcome to EC. I hope that if you start feeling that way again, you tell us what you're thinking. It'd be a shame to ignore all of the helpful and caring people here. <3

7. katwat

Hiya Somerandomguy - btw love the name - welcome to EC

8. Jared

Hey somerandomguy! :welcome: to EC!

I can definitely relate to the depression and suicidal thoughts. I've been depressed since high school with on and off suicidal thoughts that's how up every few months. If you ever want to talk send me a message :slight_smile:

9. Owl333

Owl333 Guest

Nice to meet you. Welcome to EC! :slight_smile: