1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tango With Identity

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Nathifa, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Nathifa

Or perhaps tangled is a better word to use here. Hello all!

I am not completely in the closet any more, most of my friends and family are aware that I'm not entirely straight. I've been saying that I'm a Pansexual with no preference for men and women, but every time I get into a relationship with a man, I simply want to be with a woman.

At the moment I have a wonderful, caring, kind, loving boyfriend. Due to past sexual abuse by men, I have had trouble keeping boyfriends. I get cold feet. Scared. A desire to flee into the arms of a woman instead of staying with a man. It happens every time. I'm pretty sure its an insecurity, and I can't help wondering if I stayed instead of running, then perhaps I would lose my fear and find myself falling in love with a man. It's just hard, you know? And I have had so many major life changes the past few months. It's no wonder my rock has been shaken and crumbling a bit! :slight_smile:

2. justjade

Hey, Nathifa! Welcome to EC! :grin:

This is a pretty swell place with some awesome people. I hope you enjoy it.

My wall is always open.

3. Cigsmoker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Nathifa!

First of all, welcome to Empty Closets! Hello hello!

I am so sorry to hear your past experiences with men. I am sure you are not the only one who had experienced that. Just take all the time you need to figure things out. No rush.

Cheer up!
    Cigsmoker [Sam]

4. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest