1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Howdy :)

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by poem, Feb 2, 2014.

1. poem

Hey everyone. I'm poem. I'm currently in a straight marriage and I am unhappy because I have finally realized that I am a lesbian. I can't afford my own place yet, but I'm looking for another part time job so I can move into my own little studio one day. This is the only reason I haven't filed.for divorce. I've told my spouse that I am not straight, and he just kind of jokes that I can't be because I've had sex with him. But I think.that he is truly only joking and that he can see that its true because he is acting much more nice and attentive than usual.
    I am not sure what else to say here othe than, despite how uncomfortable and frustrating my situation is, I am optimistic, artistic, smiley and hopeful. :slight_smile:

2. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

3. poem

4. Welcome to EC! You're not the only one going through this, there's some on here that are in similar situations. Don't be shy to ask questions, we're a fun friendly bunch on here! :slight_smile:

5. MissyT

Hi, I understand what you're going through. I made some uncomfortable choices as well.

6. poem

MissyT, what was it like? Did you have to leave home? Did you plan it? Are you happier now?

7. MissyT

Well.. I had an abusive bf and he bullied me into marrying him. I did leave home for a bit but now I'm living with my mom again and I really am a lot happier.

8. poem

Oh, definitely the right choice. My first marriage was abusive. I'm glad you are happier. I hope one day I will be on my own, free to be myself.