1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to it all

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by speakez, Feb 6, 2014.

1. speakez

speakez Guest

Well, I am new here. I am just now free to speak about how I really feel about myself and my attraction (or should I say need) for other women. My story is complicated I suppose. I came out to a very few people about a decade ago but am only now able to actually start living the life I want. I have a little boy, a grandson actually, who I have legal custody of so I am not as free to be spontaneous like I once was. I don't fit in with the party crowd. And I'm older. So I have no friends with small kids. I made a promise to the man I was married to and I kept that promise. He passed away about a year ago so I am released from that promise now. I don't fit with other widows though because those I know are very straight and I don't want drama. (I told you my story was complicated.) Now I just want to breathe and say without fear of anyone looking over my shoulder that I am a lesbian. Some people I will leave in the dark, but several know now, love me and want to help me connect with others and I am so excited to start a new day. And I'm glad I found this place. So...hi there everyone! :smilewave

2. FancyGummy

MA, UNITED STATES, FURTHER DETAILS UNKNOWN
    Welcome to the community! (you will find that it truly is a community here)
    You sound like a wonderful person, choosing to stick with your husband all those years. Glad to have you here.

3. MissyT

Hello. Nice to meet you :slight_smile:

4. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

5. speakez

speakez Guest

Thank you for the warm welcome.

6. lukeluvznicki13

Welcome to EC! :smilewave :grin: (*hug*)