1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi, i'm Kyle

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Eisenhower, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Eisenhower

Eisenhower Guest

My name is Kyle, and I'm 15 years old (16 this july). I'm a sophomore.

i first realized i was gay around the end of freshman year, so about 14 2/3 years old. When i realized i was gay i immediately accepted it because, after all, being gay was all i have ever known. it took me a year but the only person I've ever told was my counselor, and that was a while ago. now i need to come out to my parents, family and friends. And thats why i joined this site. because i need advice on how to come out, and i want to give advise to other people when i can help.

its difficult for me to come out because i am very shy, but hopefully i will get some helpful tips.

other than that, i am pretty good at school (all A's, but my grades are starting to drop:icon_sad:slight_smile: i don't have a lot of friends and i spend most of my time alone. i also have some depression every now and then (and have yet to tell my parents about it). And the one thing i want more than anything else is a boyfriend. And a meaningful relationship.

so thats me. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

2. ilovemylife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Welcome to EC! :welcome:

I can tell you from experience that this is a great place to come for advice! EC has helped me tremendously in gaining the courage to come out to the people around me. The fact you came out to a counselor is a big step! Everyone else will come in time when you feel comfortable. I've always been shy, too, so I know what you mean. As for friends, well you now have an abundance of friends on here. Don't be depressed. :slight_smile: Everything is going to be great!

Just a small bit of advice on coming out is to do it when you feel comfortable. Never do it on someone else's terms. When you feel that you are ready, and you will know, that's when you do it.

Good luck with everything and let us know if you need anything! (*hug*)

3. Minx

Welcome to EC. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

4. BlueLines

Welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay here! :slight_smile:

5. Bring it

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nice to meet you Kyle, welcome to EC!

6. GayDadStr8Marig

Welcome to EC! There's lots of support on the "Coming Out" forum that should be helpful for you. As for friends, you've got more now than you'll know what to do with! :slight_smile:

You sound like a guy who's going places. Keep your head in the game with your studies; even if you're not ready to come out to the parents, try to find someone you can talk to so you can get through the emotional blockage that's hindering your grades. Awesome work so far, no doubt you'll apply the same discipline to your coming out process.

Look forward to hearing your story on the forums.

Richard