1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So, hello *waves*

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by NobleCrown, Feb 13, 2014.

1. NobleCrown

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Never been good at intro posts...

I'm a mom (#2 due in June, squee!), wife, sometime fanfic writer, singer, actress, songwriter, etc. Basically if it involves creating or performing in some way, I'm in!

I accidentally "outed" myself once back in high-school, honestly didn't think anything of it at the time and fortunately managed to play it off (private Christian high-school, just trust me, it would have been bad). During college I got a lot more exposure to reality and found my views adjusting themselves.

I've always felt a bit silly choosing any one particular label, but bisexual is probably the most accurate. As a rule I prefer men, but women are sexy too.

Here to explore, learn, grow, and in support of a friend!

2. Sorceress of Az

Welcome.
    I hope you enjoy this forum.
    From what I have seen so far they all seem like good reasonable people.

Namaste!

3. EatYourRikkios

Hi there! :welcome: I really hope you enjoy the forum. The people here are awesome.

4. Yosia

Hiyaa!! You sound a fun person! ^^ welcome to EC, there is lots of amazing people here

5. bottomsup

/waves hi Nobel, nice to meet you.
    /waves, clicks heels:slight_smile:
    Happy happy all:slight_smile:
    I have #4 reaponsabilities, and its overdue time for me enhance and expand myself. Its not going to be easy all the way, but I dont think I cam heathily suppress it anymore..
    Just coming to terms with it has helped a lot I've flound. Much happier now. Good luck with everything:slight_smile:
    Communication with partner crucial for smooth transitions i theorize babe

Erm, Oh yes, and this goes out to everyone, dont take my advice, follow your own path, ignore me rabbitting away.in the corner here, sorry if i cause offence to anyone here xxxx

6. NobleCrown

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hubby would be among the few people, and he doesn't care, he's very typical straight-male in that the idea of me and another woman turns him on. :icon_wink

His mother? Not so much. She'll never know. She's 73 and old-world Catholic. She had a hard enough time coming to terms with the fact that her only child married (legasp) a Protestant who is quite comfy with her faith and has no intentions to convert, thanks very much. She's not very bright and is easily led about, opinion-wise, so it doesn't particularly bother me to allow her to live out her days in the assumption that if he couldn't marry a nice Catholic girl, at least he found a "normal" one. :rolle: Telling her would serve no purpose and raise a lot of drama and stress that I do not need.

My church? A wonderful, supportive, amazing and generally forward-thinking group of people, who unfortunately have that one stereotypical blind spot when it comes to sexuality. I could lecture on the cultural/historical context/original language of the supposed "anti-gay" scriptures until I'm blue in the face (and I can, I'm kindof a nerd like that), they're simply not going to grasp it, but they're not going to raise a mob with torches & pitchforks either. I routinely get odd looks and well-intentioned debate when I speak up in support of the LGBT community, but as I am able to support my arguments and our leadership is very focused on communication and relationships over proving who is right, it tends not to go beyond agreeing to disagree. I'd most likely be asked to step down from my position on the worship team were my full orientation ever to become widely known, but as hubs and I are both of the "one mate for life" mindset and as a rule we do not share well, I doubt it's ever going to become an issue.

Beyond that... anybody whose opinion on the subject I actually care about already knows. I'm a pretty private person in general, and I have to know you for a LONG time before we get around to details of that level. You're likely to learn about my abusive childhood before you figure out I get hot for a pretty lady now & then.

7. setnyx

welcome and congrats on the new baby.

8. Welcome to EC! We're fun, friendly folks on here! :slight_smile:

9. bottomsup

Makes my task at work here look like small change!
    Small tightly nit communities scare me, I dare not expose myself, the long reaching implications for my kids seem to be big, but its probably going to be fine, people get over things and what might be all the hot gossip for a while soon dies down.
    My ex had same sex female parents, but sadly at the age of 7 she was adopted and sort of abandoned by her mother. - leading her to be pretty unstable and a lot of issues. Now were older, all is well. we had a kid btw, so still keep in touch.