1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello and unsure...

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by DoNotTell1987, Feb 15, 2014.

1. DoNotTell1987

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

Just thought i'd introduce myself vaguely and i'm so unsure about what to do. I am a mummy and have 4 beautiful kids... My ex and I split awhile ago now. I realised soon after that I was head over heels in love with my best friend and it had been like this for more than 10 years... I was just unwilling to allow my true feelings show due to the "norm" that was in my head. Unfortunately she was no longer interested and had decided she was definitely straight.

So now... It's been MONTHS... And I'm still so in love with her... I just don't know how to stop. I have young kids... So it's not as easy as going out and meeting someone. I don't know what to do or where to go. I know of one person who is bisexual but I don't really like her as a person. I'm not wanting to find "THE ONE"... But I'd like to meet some one or make some friends who are lesbian/bi...

How did you meet your lesbian/bi friends???

---------- Post added 15th Feb 2014 at 02:21 AM ----------

Oh wow... Actually it's been over a year... Not months... :frowning2:

2. Cigsmoker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi DoNotTell1987,

First of all, hello hello! Welcome to Empty Closets!!!

Don't worry, you will get to meet people here that can help you out with what you're going through. This site is very informative and supportive so no need to worry about it.

I know its somewhat of a challenging situation but maybe you can meet people online? I find it the most convenient way to meet friends and possible dates in the future. Just try to be cautious and really filter the ones that you think you might have a connection with. It may not be the best advice but its an option that you can consider.

Cheers!
    Cigsmoker [Sam]

3. Wildclover

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi there! I'm a mom with three munchkins at home and, although I'm not ready to look for anyone just yet as I'm still hetero married, I've given it a lot of thought. I would second the recommendation of looking online. Even if you do not find a romantic interest online it will introduce you to more individuals of the right mindset who may then in turn introduce you to others.

Are there any support groups in your area? What about social gatherings? In the U.S. we have a service called "Meet Up" which is where anyone can create a group for any purpose and set events, get togethers, gatherings, etc. I haven't gone to an lgbt group yet but my husband had participated in a couple of writers groups with some success.

Good luck!

4. DoNotTell1987

Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks... Wildclover I don't think I have the guys to go out and just show up at an LGBT group... (If there are any here) But a friend did offer to go with me to her university's "queer space" get togethers... However it's the same friend I'm crazy in love with so not sure it would be best... I just have that need to get out and meet someone... Just to communicate... To have someone I can talk to who understands... Online will do for now but I feel like it could make it a little easier knowing someone IRL...