1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best name for an introduction ever

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Soaring, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Soaring

Hey. I couldn't really think of anything to title this that wasn't really generic so... Anyways, My name is Katie and I'm from Arkansas. I'm a seventeen-year-old pansexual and I'm perfectly comfortable with it. I'm really open about my sexuality and everyone seems to accept it. I've moved around a lot (six times, actually) and although the places I lived in the past weren't very LGBT+ friendly I'm finally in a community that is more accepting and even has a lot of LGBT+ individuals.

Like I've said, most people know that I'm not straight, but it actually seems like everyone assumes I'm a lesbian for some reason. Maybe it's because since I moved here at the beginning of the school year I've really only ever expressed interest in one girl, heh. The story of how I basically let everyone know I wasn't straight is actually kind of interesting, I guess. It was at the beginning of the year and we were doing a project where we each wrote a word that we wanted our school year to be like on a colored piece of paper that we were going to put together later to make a mosaic and while everyone else was writing things like "good" or "fun" or "easy" I decided to write "fabulous." I guess it got the point across because everyone kind of started clapping and making supportive comments.

I'm out to my family as well (as bisexual at least; I'm not sure they would know what pansexual means and I feel like the difference isn't big enough that I need to explain it). Actually, my mom is a lesbian and she recently got legally married. I kind of feel hesitant to tell people about that because then I feel like they might think something like "well of course she's queer if her mom is" and I find that offensive. I don't like to be thought of as just some product of my mother and I don't like it when people try to fit me into their stereotypes. It was actually something that kept me from coming out or even admitting to myself that I wasn't straight for a while. Most of my queer friends seem to think it's pretty cool that I have two moms, though, so I'm not too worried about it now.

I guess that's really it for my introduction. I like music and horror movies. I can't really think of anything else to put, heh. Anyways, I'm glad to be here and I hope I can make some friends.

2. finlandwrc

Hey welcome to EC you will make plenty of friends here :slight_smile:

3. Sarah257

Hi, welcome to the forums! Finlandwrc is right, you'll definately make friends here. Have fun!

4. Wildclover

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Welcome! I love your "coming out" story for the new school. I'm so glad people were supportive of you. Love your confidence & style!

5. lukeluvznicki13

Welcome to EC! Hope you enjoy your time on the site :grin: :slight_smile: :smilewave (*hug*)

6. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

I adore pansexuals, I hold those people in hight esteem.

Hi and welcome to EC! :slight_smile: