1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie from T&T!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by LostLaura, Feb 16, 2014.

1. LostLaura

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi newbie over here, F/24/T&T just looking for a place to be accepted for exactly who I am. I have a great group of friends, doing Karate keeps me sane, life is pretty good. I still find it hard to be myself, I still get moments where my self-esteem plummets and I don't really feel like there's anyone whom I could confide in and who would understand. Recently an article was published in our local newspaper about a prominent Catholic Priest being accepting and supportive of equality for LGBT community. A friend from work brought it up as an after lunch discussion & everyone without a shadow of a doubt exclaimed with disgusting remarks. It made me cringe a little especially since I thought that person was my friend and I confided in her about me questioning my sexuality. It made me feel small and I wanted to withdraw from her. I don't have time for those kind of people in my life. If you want to be narrow-minded and judgmental and hate on people who have nothing against you or to even do with you then be my guest but don't expect me to stick around. It just proved to me that I need to find a healthy, open forum to express myself so I sought out this site through random googling lol. Anyway just wanted to vent I suppose. Happy Sunday! (!)

2. finlandwrc

Hey welcome to EC :slight_smile: here is the perfect place for being accepted for who you are

3. Lilli

Lilli Guest

Hey Laura. :slight_smile: Welcome!