1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just Waaaay Too Confused!!!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by MiAngel, Feb 16, 2014.

1. MiAngel

Oh well here I go...Hello Everyone. I'm new here and quite new to all that is going on with me at this juncture in my life. Not really sure how to put it, but I have begun to question my feelings and attractions, and frankly it scares me, which I don't know why. I believe I am too old to be confused and having feelings of guilt. I mean seriously, I'm in my thirties now... I know I had the feelings I am experiencing when I was in my teens, but they just left then it all happened again in my twenties and yet again they seemed to have vanished. Maybe I just willed them away out of fear and confusion, not really sure. Well I am now in a relationship with a male that I have been in for 6 years and he wants to get married, but I don't. I thought I did, but my feelings about him have changed. Don't get me wrong I do love him and care about him very much, he's a great guy, its just that I am not very attracted to him or any other male right now. I found myself actually being attracted to a woman that I know and I felt this is kind of wrong...right...then I felt oh well it's not. I'm somewhat (in a very small way, if that makes since) beginning to come to terms with my feelings, but I am afraid. Darn I am sooo confused right now I really don't know how to handle all of this. I know for certain I don't feel comfortable talking about these things to any one in my family or friend group. So anyway, sorry to have laid all of this at your doorsteps, just needed to finally get all of that out for once and I was hoping this was a safe place to do it.
    :confused: :bang:

2. BlueAndWhite

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome! Don't worry, this is a great place to ask questions. People here are extremely willing to help and answer your questions.

3. MiAngel

Thank you BlueAndWhite :slight_smile:

4. finlandwrc

Hey this is a great place to find out anything you need to know

5. MiAngel

Thank you finlandwrc :slight_smile:

6. Sarah257

MiAngel, welcome to EC. I'm sure you'll be able to find out more about yourself with our help, so just try to relax and be honest with yourself. If you need to talk, perhaps I could give a little insight on a few things. Feel free to ask on my wall. :slight_smile:

7. lovely lesbian

8. Welcome to EC! I can tell you that you're not the only one going through this! There's many on here that are going through similar situations. With that said, we're caring and loving folks on here so don't be shy to ask questions! :slight_smile:

9. LittleLost

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi:slight_smile: I'm new here too. I wanted to tell you I've been in a situation similar to yours. I'm 36 and I married a guy for all those reasons too. He was smart funny kind handsome great sense of humor. We were great together. There was no reason not to marry him. Except that I was a lesbian who was trying not to be. I wasn't attracted to him or any other man but I tried to tell myself I could learn to be. I forced down my thoughts of women and tried to do the "right" thing. All I managed to do is waste 10 years of both our lives. You can't lie to yourself forever. No one can. You gotta do what makes you happy. Hope this helped a little.

10. MiAngel

Thanks to everyone for your warm welcomes :slight_smile:

11. ThePhoenix

Hello and welcome to EC! I hope you find what you are searching for.