1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greetings!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Theron, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Theron

Hello there, EC!

I have been unfortunate enough to suffer because of my sexuality, but because of it, I've often become a miniature support system for friends, coworkers, and others around me who are "other" or who have friends and family who are also "other". However, I've had almost no support system of my own, and I've not really had anyone to turn to aside from my best friend of the last decade (an ace female), or my partner of the last eight months. So I am hoping that's where you all come in!

My name is Hunter, although I respond to Theron just fine as well. I'm a 31-year-old gay man, and I am a computer nerd (not be confused with a gaming nerd because I'm not a gamer). I like to tinker with tech.

I am a health and fitness nut, train for marathons I'll never run, and cook like NOBODY'S business. I love, love, love to cook. I hate to eat (or drink), but I love to cook. If you see me around, feel free to remind me to get a drink of water because chances are, no matter how late or early it is, I haven't had a drop to drink all day.

Here's where the unusual comes into play: I am Jewish and I keep kosher. This not only keeps my life a little more interesting when meeting people, I find it sparks all kinds of interesting food-related conversations! I love to see if I can make almost any recipe kosher. 8D

2. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

Hi and welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

3. Xochipilli

Welcome! Good to have you here!
    And your avatar pic, so true.
    Also, immediately after reading this, drink some water! :slight_smile:

4. Cigsmoker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Hunter!

Hello Hello! Welcome to Empty Closets!!!

I can understand what you mean by not having a support system of your own. My friends [both straight and gay] always come to me for help and support and it can be kind of exhausting sometimes. Lucky you, you have your best friend and your partner for you. :slight_smile:

Anyway, I am looking forward to interacting with you here.

Cheer up, dear. I am sure you will find people here who can give you the advice and words of encouragement that you need. Or just want people to talk to...we are here!

Cigsmoker [Sam]

5. Theron

Thank you, guys, I look forward to it, too!

And I had some water, so I'm in good shape now. 8D

6. ThePhoenix

Hi and welcome to EC!