1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi, I'm new here, looking for friends, and answers :)

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by CookieCookie, Feb 17, 2014.

1. CookieCookie

CookieCookie Guest

:wave: Hi everyone

I'm new here, 24 yrs old, and very, very much in need of some friendship and answers.

I stumbled upon this site quite by accident, and I'm really happy I found it. I have known I am bisexual for a long time; but lately, I am beginning to question whether or not I am, in fact, becoming more and more aware of the possibility I might be a lesbian.

I am, physically, much more attracted to women than I am to men. The female body is, to me, absolute perfection and beauty. I can look at a picture of a woman, say, in a bikini, and my heart skips a beat. It's much less likely that a man would elicit such a reaction from me, and sometimes, I find myself completely grossed out by the thought of se***, b**** , and I start to question whether it not my feelings for women may be 'blossoming,' into fruition.

But here is why I am in total misery, and absolutely HATE myself...I am married. With a five month old baby. I love my husband and our baby with all my heart (if I can still be said to have a heart; I feel so guilty & worthless).

I'm a great mom, and I do love my husband, I can't imagine my life without him. But how do I suppress these desires to be intimate with a woman? He is very..."conservative," when it comes to sex, so I know he wouldn't find it sexy to see me with another woman. I even asked him once, point blank, if he thought the fact that I'm bi is "sexy," or if he was just neutral about it. He just shrugged and said he didn't really care.

So now I know that I'll never even be able to experience being with another woman, not even a KISS, because he won't let me, and I am too faithful and love him too much to ever cheat.

I started dating my husband shortly after coming out to a couple of people as bi; so I never even got that chance to kiss a woman. I am beginning to feel resentful, and that scares me, because I know I am just a selfish piece of crap. I am in such agony, and I felt like this is the one place where I might not be judged.

If you have any advice for me, I NEED it, please. If you're just going to scream at me about what a horrible person I am, save your time, I do enough of that on my own to myself.

Thank you for reading this. I'm very nervous about what people will say :help:

2. Beantown

Beantown Guest

Welcome to EC, also don't feel so bad about yourself I totally get repressing your feelings and although I wasn't married or I didn't have a kid, my last boyfriend who I dated through most of high school was conservative. It's super tough ignoring your feelings and stuff but like when I did eventually get with another girl, it was like average. I think I romanticized it too much but I still have a preference for other girls.

3. CookieCookie

CookieCookie Guest

(*hug*)Thank u for being so nice.

4. Beantown

Beantown Guest

Don't worry, there really wasn't anything to be mean about and I also understand how self hate can affect you, it can make you go to some pretty dark places and your self esteem gets really low. I use to be bulimic when I first became a cheerleader to stay skinny which I know was bad but yeah I did end up stopping so lol, also I wouldn't hate yourself for feeling the way you do. I'm here if you want to talk anytime, kays?

5. Wildclover

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi there! Don't worry you're not alone in what you're going through. I'm a mom to three, also thought I was bi for a long time, and I also truly love my husband but have realized I am meant to be with a woman. I went through much of what you described - the self loathing, the guilt, the anger and frustration at the whole "why do I have to screw things up" thoughts.

I can tell you things do get better. You have to decide what the right path is for you. In my case I told my husband that I wasn't sure if I was just bi or if I was a lesbian. He already knew I was attracted to women so he wasn't overly surprised. That was a little over three years ago and I've since then told him that I'm exclusively attracted to women. We're still married as he and I have a fantastic relationship otherwise and I can truly call him my best friend but we both understand it is only until we both can make a better life separately. I am the breadwinner in our family as he had been earning his B.A. He just graduated earlier this month which means we're currently determining our path forward - we'll see what happens.

I didn't mean to hijack your thread but wanted to share my experience so you can see that you're not alone. I'm happy to talk if you need a sympathetic and understanding ear.

6. setnyx

ask yourself, would you be as hard on someone else as you are on yourself? no one can help who they're attracted to, the only thing we can control is our actions. welcome,glad you're here.

7. Lilli

Lilli Guest

Hi! :slight_smile:

Welcome to the boards. I'm pretty sure you'll find the love, acceptance and community that you are seeking. Looking forward to your posts and reading about your journey!

8. ThePhoenix

First off YOU are not a horrible person thoughts are one thing actions are another I can't really give you advice on the situation, but I will tell you again YOU are NOT a horrible person. I also would like to say Welcome to EC and I hope we can help you and everyone here will be here for you and support you.

9. CookieCookie

CookieCookie Guest

(&&&)Thank u SO MUCH, everyone!! I made such a good, helpful decision to join this site. Again, thank you. I am so glad I have someone to talk to now, a place to clear my mind without being judged. I look forward to posting here often. :slight_smile:

10. Candace

Hey, and welcome to EC! :grin: