1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Introduction

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by alf55, Feb 17, 2014.

1. alf55

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi there -

I've been looking for a forum for some time now where I could feel safe to express myself and finally found this one tonight. What a relief!

I'm married, 55 years young and thought that I had stuffed my identity as a gay man so deeply into the closet that I was sure it would never see the light of day. This past year has been difficult to the point I thought from time-to-time I was losing my mind, but I now realize that what I'm experiencing and feeling is the beginning of a process. Not sure where this journey will lead me. Not too long ago I could not admit to MYSELF that I am gay. A first step?

I'm not ready to go into details as it is getting late tonight. But I will post soon, probably in the LGBT Later In Life forum.

Cheers

2. Wildclover

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Welcome! I'm new here as well and just wanted to give you my warmest wishes as you start down this journey. The folks here are amazing and you should find tons of support!

3. ThePhoenix

Hello and Welcome to EC! and a high five for a fellow Virginian.

4. GayDadStr8Marig

Welcome to EC and glad you found the rest of the crew over in Later in Life. Whether you just want to talk, or ask questions or just hang out a while and get comforatble, we're all quite the agreeable, supportive bunch so once again... :welcome: :smilewave

5. comingout1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    In the exact same boat here. Can't believe I can finally admit that I am gay to at least myself now. And it really is ok. Just don't know how to tell the wife or when. My kids are still young 9 and 10. This is such a difficult thing.

6. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    HI hope someone can help