1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Bad Wolf, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Bad Wolf

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hey guys,

I'm a 19 year-old girl from France. I'll try my best not to make any grammar or spelling mistakes, but I will make a few. So please, don't be too harsh on me!
    I know that my coming on an English-speaking forum might seem weird as English is not my mother tongue. Truth is, I have no idea why I did it. My guess is, I'm feeling so confused and insecure right now, I need to put as much distance as possible between these feelings I'm having and my life.

I don't really have anyone to turn to, so I figured talking about it whith people who have actually been there would be much more helpful. I used to think I was straight, only attracted to guys, but I realize today that I also have a strong attraction towards other women, both physically and psychologically, and I find it very confusing. I sometimes even find myself to be more attracted to women thant I am to men. I've always been very open to the idea of LGBT, never been bothered by it. My best friend, who is a guy, is bi and he is starting to date another man, and I've always been very supportive of him (he's still closeted, I'm the only one who knows about him). But I've just never thought I would be too. And I don't want him to know about me, because he's already so afraid of his own feelings, I don't want him to have to worry about me too. And I'm not really close to anyone else. And my parents, well...that's another story. We aren't exactly close, and I'm already in dangerous waters with them (it's really complicated. And personal), so talking to them is out of the question. But I really need to talk to someone about it, because I really don't know what the hell I'm supposed to do. Part of me just want to ignore all this and just find some sweet guy, but that's not who I am. I don't do easy. Where's the pride, and where's the courage in lying to others, and more importantly, in lying to myself?

Anyway, I'll just create a new thread in the appropriate section to talk about all this. A few personal things about me? I'll have my bachelor's degree in English by the end of the year (yeah, I know, I'm very young, but I'll turn 20 in June). I'd like to get into a Master's degree in audiovisual translation in September, I'm fascinated by the world of movies, series, and video games, and I'd love to dub them or translate the subtitles. If it all works according to plan, I'll start a thesis in two years in order to get a PhD.
    Other than that, I love music (Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Rush, Deep Purple...) and horses. Well, all animals actually, but mostly dogs and cats. And horses.
    Oh, I'm also a dreamer. I could spend hours lost in my mind, making up crazy scenarios, dreaming of a dangerous and exciting life, philosophizing and thinking about life.

It's great being here, I hope it'll help me.

See you!

2. Owl333

Owl333 Guest

Hi, nice to meet you! Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome! Your English is very good and actually much better than many native English speakers. I read somewhere when people think (or talk) in a foreign language, they have better reasoning and less bias, so maybe it's a good thing you're writing in English.

You should consider talking to your bi friend because it might help both of you become more comfortable with your sexualities at the same time.

4. setnyx

this is a great place to explore your feelings. maybe your dreaming will make a good video game someday.

5. MessieM

Hi, your english is really really good, and you sound really clever!

It sounds like you should tell your friend about yourself. He was brave enough to tell you, and you obviously trust each other a lot. it might help each one of you feel less alone.

i wish my best friend was LGBTQ

6. lovely lesbian

7. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

Hi! Also for me, english isn't my first language :grin:

Nice to meet you and welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

8. Bad Wolf

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thank you all for you kind welcome! And thank you for complimenting my English! I just love this language!

I guess you're right, and I should talk to my friend, but truth is, I'm not so sure I'll have the courage to.
    I told another friend today, though. She leaves far away from me, so we don't get to see each other often, but we're really close. We text almost every day, and we know some personal stuff about each other. So I send her a text, and I told her. She took it really well, said she didn't mind and she loved me no matter what. It really helped.
    But noone around me knows her, so it was easier to tell her rather than someone else, because even if she tells someone about it, that's okay because they don't know me.

Anyway, thanks again!

9. ThePhoenix

Hello and Welcome to EC!