1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello EC and Thank You! :)

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Blue88, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Blue88

Blue88 Guest

Hello everyone!

I have been lurking around the pages of Empty Closets for going on three years now and thought that I would finally say an official hello to everyone. This site really is an amazing resource, and I would like to thank everyone for all of the amazing, constructive, supportive things that I have read on this site over the past few years. There is no doubt that coming to terms properly with your sexuality can be an extremely daunting and scary task and this website makes it just that much easier.

To just talk about myself for a moment - I am a 24 year old South African born boy, now living in Sydney. In terms of my sexuality, I have been on the whole proverbial rollercoaster ride! I have been through the anxiety, the depression, the denial and the loneliness that can come from the constant worrying about my sexuality, constant worrying about what my sexuality will mean for my future and what it will mean for those around me that I love. Perhaps one day I will share my story in more detail. But for now I will just say that I finally feel myself coming out the other side of my denial, of my loneliness, anxiety and depression. I am finally starting to feel like, well, me again and to rebuild the relationships with family and friends that I have hurt over the years. Most importantly of all - I finally feel a sense of being 'at peace' with myself, that I no longer have to constantly fight mental battles against myself. And while my journey is by no means over, I believe that I have come leaps and bounds.

So thank you EC members, you guys played no small role in my journey - you made me feel as though I were a part of a big, supportive, encouraging community and made me realise that I was not alone in my struggles. Keep up the good work and I hope to get to know some of you better :slight_smile:

2. lovely lesbian

3. Welcome to EC! We're all friendly folks on here so if you ever need to ask any questions don't be shy! I'm so glad that you're starting to accept yourself and that it's going better for you! :slight_smile:

4. Sarah257

Welcome to EC! It's great that you've decided to go from lurker to member and are beginning to feel more at peace with yourself. I hope you enjoy yourself here :slight_smile:

5. setnyx

welcome and glad you're here.

6. ThePhoenix

Welcome to EC!