1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being liked for material possessions

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by uorobo, Feb 20, 2014.

1. uorobo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I need help people I cannot distinguish if someone likes me or are they interested in my wealth

#1 uorobo, Feb 20, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  2. MessieM

uh... ok well please expand so we can help :slight_smile:

3. FrozenFae

Hi there and welcome to the forums :slight_smile:

To answer your question, I have been in a similar situation in the past. A few of the telltale signs that sent up red flags for me were....

Do they only spend time with you when you are offering to take them out and buy them things? If you suggest a night in at home with popcorn and movies for example, are they suddenly unavaliable?

Do they ever offer to pay the tab for anything when you do go out, or is it always left up to you to foot the bill?

Do they drop hints about things they want in your presence "oh I'd love to have that new iPhone!"

It should be pretty obvious if they are only with you for your money I would think. Can you expand upon your problem so we might help you better?

4. Simple Thoughts

I agree with everyone else.

You'll have to explain in a bit more detail before we can know for sure one way or the other.

Personally, I've been used by people before so I have a rough idea of how they act when they just want what you got xD

Anymore these days I'm too poor and don't got nothing though lol

5. uorobo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    well this guy his name is Taylor and he was in my theater class in 2011 and he was extremely impolite and he never acknowledged my existence he is the typical baseball jock and has a girlfriend and I am not publicly out so he determined I was gay after an event that I will not disclose.so he sent me a request on instagram then he liked my pics and out of the blue he talks to me and stuff so what I really want to know is do you guys think he is using me? my instagram profile has a tremendous amount of elite things such as photos with notable people i.e mitt Romney ,nice homes, cars ,vacations do you think he saw all that and targeted my I am not very attractive I have a prosthetic eye.

6. Simple Thoughts

I dunnno. Could be.

It's really hard to say for sure. I couldn't tell you based on someone viewing your instagram account if they're using you or not. It's entirely possible, and from his attitude towards you at first maybe, who knows?

You've been in the same room as Mitt Romney? They'd never let me that close to him because I'd have too many not nice things to say xD

Seriously though, I don't think you'll really know for sure unless you give this person a chance...but that's no guarantee that things will magically work out either 0.o

7. uorobo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yes He is a great man he is not like the media portrays him eltist are not bad

8. Simple Thoughts

I dunno if I buy that personally, but I say to each their own :slight_smile:

9. Mysz

Maybe that attitude is why he can be in the same room as him :wink:

:welcome: to the forums! A better place for advice would be in the Family, Friends, and Relationships forum- more people browse it seeking to dole out advice than on here.
    Just a small input though, I think that it's better not to trust this Taylor fellow. He never bothered to get to know you before whatever this event was that hinted to him that you are gay. He might just be out to use you.

10. lovely lesbian

11. Movens

I'm in an exceedingly lucky position as far as things are concerned. I don't know of I've mentioned this , but when my father goes west , I'm in line for a minor title. I have a few fair weather friends simply because of that. I just chuck them when I can.

If you're into him , fuck and chuck is my op , will teach him a lesson not to judge on wealth alone