1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A depressing hellos

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by JoySubtraction, Feb 25, 2014.

1. JoySubtraction

I find places like this a comfort because of my own demons with religion and my upbringing in the church. It has made me see that the entire religious “show” was drowning me in the curiously frightening feelings of melancholy that viciously attacks a soul dreadfully aware of having been expelled from paradise.

Iam alone in a very cruel world of hate. Ive been a member on another (non-gay-lifstyle) message board, but Im usually the punching bag. Luckily, I have never slipped and shared my true self with them, or anyone in my personal life (sans my mother) that Iam a homosexual. I still have very intense fears instilled from my days in the Catholic Church.

Iam happy to be here. I may be quite, and follow you guys without much to say, but thats just because Im learning. Iam very outspoken normally, maybe thats why I'm the punching bag at my other forums. But I feel it my role now to speak out for our community and let others understand that were just here, needing love like everyone else.

I guess Im here to find love and comfort. thank you all for reading. (&&&)

2. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

Hi! We're glad you have joined this amazing website. I hope you can find whatever makes you feel well :slight_smile:

Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

3. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome! I hope you find EC to be helpful and inclusive.

4. PinkieKeen

Hey There :slight_smile: i was kind of in the same boat.. My family was vey religious growing up. So when i realized i was (Mostly) Gay, it scared me and i even went back to church thinking there was something wrong with me and i tried to change it until i realized that my sexual orientation was normal and couldnt be changed and that most religion is Pish-posh and that all they do is hold you down and try to force you to be like them. i understand how hard it is to live with that. My town itself is very christian oriented and we no longer have any LGTB support groups because of christian protesting. Its very sad.. But welcome! this is a very safe place and everyone has been very supportive. I hope you find solace in the people and the environment here and if you ever need to talk, ill be here :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    LOVE your avatar btw lol.

5. JoySubtraction

It is amazing. Thank you so much, your words are kind. (&&&)

6. Candace

Welcome to EC, and I hope that this can be a place of refuge in this turmoil. I'm happy to help :slight_smile:

7. StillAround

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC! You've come to the right place. Lurk and read, or jump in and tell us about yourself. You won't find as accepting a bunch of people anywhere else on the interwebs.(*hug*)