1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi, newbie here

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by eggnog, Feb 25, 2014.

1. eggnog

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi everyone,
    I stumbled across this site last week but only just joined today. I'm 37 years old and have been living with my partner (female) for the last 8 years after my marriage broke up (for obvious reasons lol). Neither of us is out to anyone except a few acquaintances but for the last 6 months or so I have had a growing need to come out to close friends and maybe eventually family.

I live in the UK but am originally from California, which is where my mom and most of my close friends are. I am flying out there in a few weeks for a visit and am already planning to come out to my oldest and dearest friend. We have known each other since high school and although I know she will be completely accepting of me, I'm still a little apprehensive about the actual conversation.

I'm happy to have found this community here and hope I can use it as a bit of a sounding board :slight_smile:

2. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

Hi and welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

3. Candace

Hello from across the pond, and welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

4. Wildclover

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi there and welcome to the forum! This is so great place to get some advice. Check out the "Coming Out" section on the site for some great advice and to read stories of other's experiences. Just give a shout if we can help in any way!

5. girl2b

girl2b Guest

:eusa_doh:Hi there I am just trying to find my way around.