1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to this. Wanna say Hi

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Urbanoutfit18, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Hello there everyone,

So this is my first day on this website, and I'm kinda nervous. So I guess I could start by saying that I'm pretty sure I'm gay, but I m afraid to announce it to anyone cuz idk how my friends would take it, and my mom is alittle homophobic. I'm 18, and have felt this way ever since i turned 16. I'm also afraid of the whole "gay people going to hell theory".
    So that being said, this i why I made this website, because I want to talk and connect with other people like me. I am an online college student living at home, so i dont get out that much besides work. I'm really hoping to make friends, connect, have fun with other gay people, and even get a boyfriend on this site potentially. I'm sort of lonely at this point, but I'm not depressed or anything. So feel free to message me and leave comments on my posts anytime.
    Thanks! :icon_bigg

2. PinkieKeen

Hi there! Welcome to E.C. :slight_smile: hope you find what youre looking for and feel well and safe among everyone here :slight_smile: feel free to talk to me anytime

3. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC.

4. doglover44

doglover44 Guest

Hi I'm Jake welcome to EC !

5. Cubiculum

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello :icon_bigg Welcome to Empty Closets!

I hope you enjoy using this website and make friends with other people. I'm a little younger than you but feel free to message me if you need someone to talk to.

6. Thanks for all welcomes everybody! Much needed

7. Bring it

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey UrbanOutfit!
    I was a little nervous on my first day as well, but you'll soon find that the community is really open and you can talk about pretty much anything you're concerned about without fear of judgement. It's a great place to get advice or just talk about your favorite tv show.
    Once again, welcome to EC!
    -Bring It

8. Wildclover

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Howdy! Welcome to the forums. This is a great place to discuss your thoughts and ideas that you're not ready to share with the rest of the world and there is something tin of information and how to advice for when you are!

Hope you enjoy your time on the forums.

#8 Wildclover, Feb 25, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  9. HanksGrace

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi UrbanOutfit. I am new to this site... and trying to figure out who I really am. At forty-five.

I grew up in the church, was taught these feelings are "temptations, like being an alcholic, and just like an alcoholic, you just don't drink. God gave you more to deal with, is all..."

I don't know if i believe that close of a reading anymore, and know that we are all sinners - some of those really condeming pundits are some of the worst... God, more than anything, is a God of love... and mercy and grace are available to us all.

I think that I am gonna stick with that part. :slight_smile:

10. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi there is nothing wrong with you being gay but there is nothing wrong with hiding it if you feel more confident not telling people. Secondly I don't think you should worry about going to hell the bible was writtenby man not god. If you need someone to talk to I'm here.

11. Molgera

Hello. I hope you are able to find what you are looking for! I'm new here as well, but so far everyone is really nice. I'm sure you will make some new friends here quickly. :grin:

12. MiAngel

Hello and Welcome to the EC family...wish you much luck on your journey... :slight_smile:

13. ThePhoenix

Hello and welcome to EC! I hope you find what you are searching for.