1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New and Confused

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by greyishercolour, Feb 28, 2014.

1. greyishercolour

Hi. I'm new on here and I don't really understand how the site works just yet, but I'm figuring it out.

I'm looking for some friends and just a place to feel accepted. I'm 16 and female. I've always felt attracted to women but didn't really admit it to myself until last year. Since then I've been questioning my feelings for men. I'm hoping this site can help me figure things out, or at least feel accepted.

I'm out to myself, and am trying to work up the courage to come out to family and friends.

So yeah :slight_smile:

2. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

Hi! :slight_smile:

Joining this website is an important step further for you, well done!

Welcome to EC! :grin:

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC you will find great people here.

4. lasthopeofmine

Hey, it's awesome to meet you :slight_smile: I'm 16 as well and I understand how you feel -- I have felt the same way but I worked through it recently. I hope you can sift through your feelings as well. :slight_smile: Welcome to EC... I'm always here if you need to talk!

5. saqi08

Welcome to this site! I am a new member as well but I am already feeling stronger by seeing so many of us supporting each other. It is great that you have the self awareness to question your feelings at a young age, I know this process is difficult! When I was growing up I didn't feel like I had the option to do that, and I am only now coming to terms with my sexual self. I believe you should be true to yourself -- I wouldn't rush to put a label on your feelings yet, or let others label you. Give it a little time, if you can, to really discover who you are.

6. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there, and welcome to Empty Closets! Congratulations on coming out to yourself. Over time you will be able to build up the courage to come out to others as well.

EC is a great place to start figuring things out and making some new friends. Welcome aboard. :slight_smile:

7. Wildclover

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Welcome to the forums! I'm glad you found your way here. You'll make a ton of friends and get plenty of advice, support and encouragement as you continue down your path of self discovery. Please feel to give a shout if we can help with anything!

8. lukeluvznicki13

Welcome to EC! Hope you enjoy your time on the site :smilewave :grin: (*hug*)

9. azure au

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It really feels great to reach out to others going through similar things. I am glad you found the forums

10. HarleyQ girl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Welcome! I totally know how you feel and what your going through, so you can message me if you ever want to talk!

11. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to E.C. (*hug*) I was almost 16 when I first started questioning things, so I understand what you mean. Like someone else said, I wouldn't worry about labels at this point in your life. Take time to find out about who you are, instead of what other people tell you that you should be. Let who you are define your label, don't let a label, whatever it turns out to be, define you.