1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi...

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by wonderwhy, Mar 2, 2014.

1. wonderwhy

My name is Sarah and I am currently on exchange in the South of the United States. I'm from a European country and english is not my native language. I'm kinda lost right now but I think I like girls. I am not really planning on doing my coming out in the US because people where I live right now are not tolerant. I am going through a hard time finding myself especially because my host family doesn't like gay people at all and I have to listen to a lot of racism thoughts toward gay people. It makes me feel bad since I am still trying to figure out who I am attracted to.
    I don't really know how this website works but I hope it's going to help me.
    Bye y'all :icon_wink

2. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

Hi! What is your first language? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

3. MessieM

hi and welcome :slight_smile: hopefully we can help you

4. lasthopeofmine

Hey, welcome to EC! I completely understand your misery with living in the bible belt, because that is exactly where I'm living. It's where I came out and still am faced with criticism for it. But, if you ever need to talk or need advice or just someone to listen, I'm always here. :slight_smile:

5. BelleFromHell

Welcome to EC! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:
    I don't blame you for not wanting to come out here, the people here are very intolerent. Lucky for me, I live in an area with a high LGBT population and it's a bit more tolerent, but it's still pretty bad compared to the rest of the country. Your English is pretty good, exept you used the word "racism" when you should have used "homophobic" in that one sentence. Still, your English is pretty fantastic, much better than my Japanese, Chinese and Spanish! (!)

6. wonderwhy

Thank you very much :slight_smile:
    My native language is French and I am here (in the US) to learn English so feel free to correct me if I say something incorrectly.

7. Owl333

Owl333 Guest

Hi Sarah, pleasure to meet you. Welcome to EC! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

8. Wildclover

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hello and welcome to the site (and America!). Coming out is hard enough when you're somewhere where you feel safe and comfortable. I could only imagine how difficult that idea would be living away from home. You sound like a smart and courageous young woman. Don't let the folks in the area that you're currently living in bring you down. Your sexuality, whatever you decide that it is or isn't, is a beautiful thing.

Please keep posting and let us know if we can help in any way. We're here site support and encouragement!

9. ThePhoenix

Hello and welcome to EC!

10. Amazo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Bonjour Sarah, and welcome to the E.C. crew gladly to see you join the most awesome forum evah... :grin: (*hug*)