1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi, I'm new

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by rickpbush, Mar 4, 2014.

1. rickpbush

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello, my names Rick and I'm new here. I'm 36 and live in the South West of England. I'm here after 20 od years of struggling with my sexual identity and to be fair it feels as if in order to actually resolve it and be happy with myself might take another 20 at this rate but anyhow, fianlly, here I am lookng to chat :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

Ive just exited a relationship with a guy miles too young for me and so in desperation and not wanting to be on my own I joined several dating sites as a gay guy, something which might have horrified me a few years ago because of fear and of other people in my close community finding our. Well, now I just don't give a s**t because there is no one left I would be embarased finding out :/

I'm having a bit of trouble though, the guys that message me scare me somewhat, it's really difficult comming to terms with the fact I'm gay internally, I really want to be with someone but how the heck do you do that on dating sites where prety much all you got to go on is a photo and ocassionally some blurb. What the heck do you say to prospective people on chat?

Well, I could talk forever but I guess I'll do taht later, that's me, feel free to comment, I'm looking for support on the internet because I just don't know where to find it in the real world, thanks for being here, Rick.

2. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome! I've got a lot of the same worries as you do about the "ok I'm gay, now what?" part of coming out. You'll find lots of great supportive people on here!

3. Amazo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Hey Rick... welcome to the E.C. crew :grin: glad to see you joining, I am sure there is plenty of friends to make around here hehe... about the gay bit... trust me let it all out, freedom at last also feels great hehe :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: and the chat I usually start the easy way... Hi, sup ? :grin:

4. sandrew255

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi Rick
    I grew up in South Devon - went to school in Teignmouth.
    Welcome to EC. Hope you find someone to talk to - I'm sure you will.
    Andrew

5. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest