1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Betrys, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Betrys

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I am new to not only this site but as a member of the GLBT community. I'm 57, recently separated and previously widowed.Even though I was attracted to boys and girls in school, I often dreamed about girls and came on to several without realizing it until rebuffed, which was embarrassing.
    I married the first time because I truly loved my first husband, sex was very new to me, and I was told only men were gay, but women married men. I did as I was raised and married a truly wonderful, loving man who understood I was not always attracted to him sexually as the years went by. I was bi-curious after he died because he encouraged me to turn back the clock, so to speak, experience life, and get to know me. Along the way I met my second husband, who I also love, but informed me I was definitely not attracted to him as much as women. He encouraged me to get to know that part of myself. I did, sadly, with the wrong woman. Though we are now separated, with 700 miles between us, we are still friends, encouraging one another to find what's right for each of us.
    So here I am. I want to meet others who have had the same experience as myself, who had loved, married, had families, and are ready to become totally free to be who they are. :newcolor:
    "Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."
    The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost (my favorite since a child)

2. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

3. lukeluvznicki13

Welcome to EC! Enjoy your time on the site :slight_smile: :grin: :smilewave (*hug*)

4. Betrys

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family

:newcolor:

---------- Post added 7th Mar 2014 at 06:20 PM ----------

Thank-you, friend of Legolas!

---------- Post added 7th Mar 2014 at 06:23 PM ----------

I realize the posts are to be in English To be polite I chose to respond part of my welcome appreciation to FireSmoke in Italian. To paraphrase: "I have made my choice and, without malicious intent, am following my path".

#4 Betrys, Mar 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2014
  5. Silver Sparrow

Welcome to EC!

6. lameo

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Powerful, welcome to EC. Better late than never as they say! Welcome! Thanks for sharing

7. Owl333

Owl333 Guest

Nice to meet you, welcome to EC! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

8. Wildclover

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Welcome to the forums. I recommend the "Later in Life"section of the forum for some really great folks who've gone down a similar path. I, myself, am married to a man who I can truly call my best friend but is not someone I am attracted to physically or romantically so I can relate a bit to where you have been. Again, welcome and I hope you enjoy your stay here!