1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm an imposter, and hello to everyone...

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Fractals, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Fractals

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi everyone,

I am here because, like so many others, I am lost and confused and don't know what to do or how to think of myself and even if I could figure it out, I wouldn't know what to do about it! I said in the title that I am an imposter because that is the way I truly feel. I feel as if I am an imposter in the female body I was born in, but yet I feel as if I would always be an imposter if I ever were to try to live as a man.

As far back as I remember I have wanted to be a boy, and then a man. I am 36 now. I thought about it and mulled it over and was tormented by it and did the best I could with it until I was 23. I became a Christian. Then I thought I would go to hell if I ever acted on it, and I thought that since God made me a woman, then I had to stop thinking about wanting to be a man, I thought I had just better get on with being a woman and figure out and learn how to be one. So, I stopped being a tomboy as much as I could. I stopped wearing gym shorts and t-shirts everywhere. I started wearing dressier cloths, got my ears pierced, wore necklaces, tried to learn mannerisms, got to like pink and sparkles, and basically just shoved everything down inside of me as far as I could. But really, I never could get away from it. I still kept the short hair, the constant use of tennis shoes, tried makeup over and over again but just couldn't do it, still couldn't stand to wear dresses, hated the look of my body, hated these things hanging off of my chest.

Recently it has started boiling over. I just can't freaking stand it anymore! And it is complicated. I am a Christian, and I don't really believe God is going to send me to hell for being attracted or loving someone of the same sex, and I don't really think he will send me to hell for being a man trapped in woman's body, I still, I just am afraid to take the chance. I'm so freaking scared. I mean, I LIVE with missionaries for heaven's sake!! :eek: Besides that, I have pushed it down so long I don't even know anymore what I am. What I want. What I feel like. I have to figure this whole thing out somehow, and I don't know how to. And I feel very sad.

I'm an imposter because even though I tried, and try, I still don't feel feminine 'enough.' I feel like I should be more feminine. I wonder how much of that is true. I wonder what people really think when they see me. Do they see a woman, or someone trying to pretend to be one? Why have I only ever been asked out by ONE man? One. I'm 36, and I've dated one man. I wonder if I am that un-feminine? I'm overweight, but I have seen lots of women heavier than me who are happily married or in relationships. I'm not a gargoyle, I look about average. Who knows...

I am also an imposter because I want to be a man. I say imposter because I don't think I can ever really be masculine enough either. I don't know, maybe I have trained it out of myself. Now I think I act to 'girly' to be a real man. Real men don't like pink and sparkles do they? (I understand that logically real men can and do like pink and sparkles, these are just my confused thoughts and feelings). I will never pass as a man. I don't want to take hormones for the rest of my life. I don't want to have surgery. Maybe this will change. But, I feel like why should I even try all of that if I know that I will never be a 'good enough' man?

I am in limbo. I am trapped. I am hopeless. I am an imposter in both worlds, the one I inhabit, and the one I wish to inhabit...

Am I a joke?

2. Owl333

Owl333 Guest

Welcome to EC! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride: You're not a joke at all :slight_smile: lots of people on here can help you understand your gender better. I'm a transgender boy/FTM myself actually. Good luck :slight_smile:

3. Straw_berry

Welcome to EC Nyu~ I'm a trans Girl (MTF) Nyu~ I used to be confused about my gender before I knew I was trans as well, I hope you find EC to be a helpful and fun community Nyu~!

4. KanayaMaryam

Welcome to the forum, hope ya like it here. :3 <3

5. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey Fractals,

No you are not a joke..
    just like many on this site, you're trying to figure things out or make changes.
    So welcome..
    Try also posting in later in life section ... lots of wisdom there !!

:smilewave

6. lovely lesbian

7. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

I can understand you very well...gender identity is not a simply argument. But as you can see, you're not alone! There's a friendly bunch on here always available to help you! (*hug*)

Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

8. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to EC!

I promise you that you are not a joke :slight_smile: Figuring out your identity is really hard, and at times can be painful. Just know that you are in the right place to ask questions and try to figure things out :slight_smile:

9. Fractals

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank you all for your welcomes and assurances and support. I really appreciate the way you have accepted my first post and weird babbling on and on. I really do hope I can figure this all out, though I know it will take time, it is just so very painful right now to even think about, and about how no matter what I do, I will never be what I wish I could have been born as.

10. MiAngel

Welcome to the EC family Fractals...just remember you are safe here and never alone. I wish you much success on your journey to self discovery...many hugs for you. (*hug*)

11. deejay

Out Status:
    A few people
    WELCOME TO EC!!! You'll discover more each day. Wish you luck and ALL the BEST! =)