1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi there!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by nicegrlnextdoor, Mar 11, 2014.

1. nicegrlnextdoor

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi everyone,

I just joined EC and wanted to drop by and say hello. I'm a late bloomer--came recently to the realization that I am a lesbian. I'm 45, originally from Romania but am living in Germany, and looking to connect with other like-minded gay ladies and exchange thoughts from our own experiences. I'm interested in topics such as what it's like to come to terms with and accept who you are, the coming out process, and aspiring to [and ultimately being involved in] a loving, committed relationship with another woman.

Peace, love & light to you all! :slight_smile:

2. Silver Sparrow

Welcome to EC!

3. Wildclover

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi and welcome! You're definitely in the right place for what you're looking for. Check out the "Later in Life" section of the forum if you haven't yet. There are a ton of really great folks who've also either realized or accepted themselves at a little bit older ages and not everyone frequents the welcome area so I don't want you to miss out on some great conversation.

Please keep posting and let me know if I can do anything to help!

4. superchicken

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi NG,

Willkommen, don't forget to have fun and check out the game forums as well.

5. deejay

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello there! Warm welcome to EC!!!

I hope we can be good friends soon... I'm 33 years old and just came out with a few trusted friends just recently too. Just got my heart broken thrice in a row since last year, (actually twice by the same person)... And trying to deeply connect to someone who can understand that there are still few loyal and faithful people like me who can provide unconditional love... (I'm being too melodramatic here I guess)

But hope to get to know you soon... Cheers and have fun here!!! =)

6. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC.

7. thrnvlpidj

I'm new too.

Google sent me here in my search for dildo-making instructions and I decided to stay.

Hope you find what you're after... Peace, Love & Light to you!

8. nicegrlnextdoor

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Wow, thank you all for the warm welcome! I already feel safe here. :slight_smile:

My friend that I came out to was right when she said, there are more people out there who can relate to my journey, and that I shouldn't worry about being all alone in this.

The almighty Google sent me here too, after a search for gender roles in a gay relationship, and I know that's no coincidence I landed here.

@Wildclover - Thanks so much for your kind words and for pointing me to the "Later in Life" thread, will definitely have a look over the weekend. I will tell my longer story there.

@deejay - Thank you for your openness and well done for coming out while living in a place like Dubai! That's *huge* and brave. I know it's not easy to be open in that part of the world about the fact that you like women too. [Almost] the same where I come from. So sorry to hear about your heartbreak, and I don't think you're melodramatic at all. You're just a sensitive soul who gave her heart to someone unworthy of it.

I was a cerebral my whole life until I wasn't anymore, but more on that later. Hope you find the strength to overcome this and the person who deserves you. I look forward to connect through our personal stories, and learn and see what happens with our newly transformed self.

@superchicken - Danke, very kind of you! :slight_smile: Sprichst Du deutsch?

It'll take me a while until I get the hang of using this forum, but I look forward to developing some honest friendships here in time. Life is good despite all the ups and downs.

Much love to you all! :slight_smile:

9. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to EC :slight_smile:

10. IsThisAName

Welcome! I hope you find the help that you're looking for here. This is a great place to be able to hear other's experiences and process things for yourself!