1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from Korea!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by marie77, Mar 13, 2014.

1. marie77

Hi everyone! I just came across this site in my search for an online support community. I've identified as bisexual since I was about 19 and have dated women and men in the past, but have recently started questioning whether I'm actually a lesbian and not bisexual. I think I'm definitely a lesbian-leaning bisexual but I'm not sure, I'm just trying to figure all this out.

I've confided in about 2 people so far. One problem is that my husband, young daughter, and I are living in Korea for a couple of years (originally from the US, lived in Houston before this), and Korea is pretty far behind even the US when it comes to queer resources, culture, acceptance, etc.

I am really alone here, suffering from depression, trying to figure all this out and then decide what to do with my life. I haven't confided in my husband yet and am scared to do that. I would really like to figure my orientation out with more confidence before talking to him, but I'm at a bit of a loss for how to do that. I'm hoping that this community can give me a supportive outlet to help in that process.

Whew! Feels good to get all that out though. :grin:

2. Tongue Flicker

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi welcome aboard! :slight_smile:

3. superchicken

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hi marie777,

i was stationed in Osan Air Base for 3 years, some years ago. i enjoyed trying their food, and i wished i explored the country more.

i know how isolated you can feel since your possible outlets would be mostly other officer's wives, and you can only divulge so much before word gets around.

they have a really nice state of the art 24 hour gym in osan with an indoor track. the gym was the main thing that saved me from a full nervous breakdown during a really bad break up while i was there.

now, seeing that you put seoul on your location, then you must be in yongsan and i'm guessing your husband is an officer or a senior nco in the army.

my main question is, what is it ultimately that you want to happen? are you planning on separating with your husband?

4. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

Oppa Gangnam Style! (!)

:grin:

Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

5. CupidBoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome 환영합니다 :wave:

6. marie77

Thanks for the welcomes!

superchicken, we aren't actually in the military. I put Seoul just because most people won't know the small city where we live. We are here for my husband's work though, and most of the people I know are through his work. It's a pretty small expat community, and I am not sure anyone would be supportive of my feelings/issues. Plus, most of the women I know are married to men who work with my husband.

I'm not sure whether my marriage will end or not. I do know that the relationship isn't working for me and I know that I am not in love with him. Whatever my orientation, I am coming to the realization that my marriage will never be a fulfilling relationship for me. I think I'll probably post more in the orientation forum. I am feeling quite lost.

7. deejay

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi there! Welcome to EC!

Don't get too stress overthinking your situation. We are all going through our own sequels in life. Remember, we are also here for you.

Enjoy your stay in EC... =)

8. lukeluvznicki13

Welcome to EC! :grin: :smilewave :eusa_danc (*hug*)